Polestar Forum banner
581 - 597 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
My order just updated today and says "late January 2023." Now when I inspect the page using Chrome I can see a "estimated arrival date" of Jan. 23, 2023. My order originally said November 2022 or later, and so I was hopeful it would arrive in 2022. But it's kind of nice to have a more specific estimate I suppose.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is currently mine.
Estimated is 11th January,
Expected is November 2022.
Nov was my original date before it changed to january.

Should i trust estimated more than expected?
I'd go by the estimated date - From what I can tell from mine the expected date seems to be the orginal date given when ordered....

·
Registered
PS2 2023, LRDM, Pilot & Plus, Magnesium
7 Posts
Ordering from Germany, LRDM, Pilot & Plus.
May 10 - Placed the order (expected delivery was Nov-Dec 2022)
May 12 - Order confirmed by Polestar
Sep 22 - expecteddeliverydate under order2delivery shows Jan 4th, 2023

Still no VIN yet. Anyone who ordered around May has got any news regarding production or delivery?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ordering from the U.S. I placed my order Aug. 24 - initially confirmed and set for "November 2022 or later." Just the other day it switched to "late January 2023" and when I inspect the site in Chrome I can see an estimated arrival date of Jan. 23, 2023. I can't see where a VIN would be listed, but I might try contacting my space to see if they have one yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Still no VIN yet. Anyone who ordered around May has got any news regarding production or delivery?
Hi, ordered near the end of June. Order confirmed 28th June. My APP was advising delivery Jan 2023. JSON was advising 24/12/2022. Over the last few days the APP has now changed to December and JSON to 21/11/2022. VIN was received end of August. Have been advised that my car left the port about a week ago. The ship it's on is called Morning Lynn. So hopefully the estimated delivery time will be accurate. I'm based in the UK but work for a German company hence why my profile has a German flag.

The car I ordered is a LRDM, Performance, Pilot. With you ordering well over a month before me, I'm surprised you still have not got your VIN yet. Once you receive your VIN that means the car is built and then it takes them roughly 2/3 days to ship it to Port. Then it depends on where in the queue your car is at the port and when the next boat will arrive.

If I were you I would contact PS and find out what is happening!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered in early July (Thunder/Slate PPP) and originally had an estimated delivery of “October or later”. This changed to December after some time and has recently been moved up to a November delivery date (JSON says estimated arrival date is 2022-10-20). I still don’t have a VIN, and my space, Polestar South Coast in Laguna Beach, doesn’t have one either when asked. I never received the ‘your car is now in production’ email like some of you, presumably because my order was moved up due to cancellations, but I’m told the car is on a ship.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Ordered from Finland LRDM Pilot lite
May 31 Ordered (expected delivery was Nov 2022)
Sep 8 VIN appeared
Sep 11 Your car is built email
No Shipping info yet.
expecteddeliverydate under order2delivery shows Dec 19th 2022, as it has been showing since early July.

A friend here in Finland ordered a SRSM Pilot lite about one week before I ordered mine, he got his "Your car is built" email on Sep 22.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ordering from the U.S. I placed my order Aug. 24 - initially confirmed and set for "November 2022 or later." Just the other day it switched to "late January 2023" and when I inspect the site in Chrome I can see an estimated arrival date of Jan. 23, 2023. I can't see where a VIN would be listed, but I might try contacting my space to see if they have one yet.
I ordered in early July (Thunder/Slate PPP) and originally had an estimated delivery of “October or later”. This changed to December after some time and has recently been moved up to a November delivery date (JSON says estimated arrival date is 2022-10-20). I still don’t have a VIN, and my space, Polestar South Coast in Laguna Beach, doesn’t have one either when asked. I never received the ‘your car is now in production’ email like some of you, presumably because my order was moved up due to cancellations, but I’m told the car is on a ship.
Here in the US we seem to get quite different information than in the rest of the world. No emails about the production of the car, and the screen shot earlier in this thread is different to what I see on my order page but in what is shown and what can be seen in the JSON data. No VIN number for example, even though my car is actually here already.

·
Registered
SLR in Midnight. Slate & Sunroof ( On order, still driving my VW Scirroco
313 Posts
First of all, it took me a long time before I could view my order detail page. Before that I kept getting a "page not found". After some email back and forth with the CS, I now have access to that page. I ordered an SMLR through their official leasing company in Belgium (ALD) at the end of November 2021, but I received very little information from them and have also heard that some orders are put backwards if they receive larger orders from other companies.

But if you go to your order detail page (I checked it with Chrome), right click anywhere on the page and select "Inspect" (developer tools must be on). Then go to the "Network" tab and refresh the current page. Then in the column "Name" you will see some records called "order2delivery/", click on one and make sure the "Preview" mode is turned on on the right side. One of those records will start with the following data on the right side (data > order > id):

View attachment 10999

If you click on the little arrow to the left of "data", another row beneath opens up, click again on the arrow to the left of "order", a lot of other rows open up. One of them for example is "delivery" where you can find more info about the expected date (note this also changes from time to time). In addition, a bit further at orderContent > expectedDeliveryDate there is also another date, no idea which one is correct.

But you will also find other information such as where your handover will take place, which extras you have ordered, insurance information, financial information, ... Not much information is available here yet for me, but it might be for others. Being a developer I was looking to see if it was possible to develop a tool that would display this information better, but don't think I have access to their API to read that data. In addition, you must also be logged in to view this information.

Under data > order the last record shows when this information was last updated. So this is not constantly updated. Yesterday evening (January 27) the info was last updated on January 26. This morning I saw that the info was updated at 6:30 am on January 28th.

Hope it's of some use to you :)
Thanks so much, I followed your well written instructions and finally made it! So helpful.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When did you order it? Which packs did you include?
Only a month ago - on Aug. 24, but if my current estimate is accurate that would mean a wait time of about 6 months.

I ordered the dual motor, midnight, 19" wheels, nappa leather, and plus and pilot packs.

I have seen some posts from people saying their date was estimated pretty far out and then was moved closer. Nothing to do but wait and see I guess.

·
Registered
PS2 2023, LRDM, Pilot & Plus, Magnesium
7 Posts
Hi, ordered near the end of June. Order confirmed 28th June. My APP was advising delivery Jan 2023. JSON was advising 24/12/2022. Over the last few days the APP has now changed to December and JSON to 21/11/2022. VIN was received end of August. Have been advised that my car left the port about a week ago. The ship it's on is called Morning Lynn. So hopefully the estimated delivery time will be accurate. I'm based in the UK but work for a German company hence why my profile has a German flag.

The car I ordered is a LRDM, Performance, Pilot. With you ordering well over a month before me, I'm surprised you still have not got your VIN yet. Once you receive your VIN that means the car is built and then it takes them roughly 2/3 days to ship it to Port. Then it depends on where in the queue your car is at the port and when the next boat will arrive.

If I were you I would contact PS and find out what is happening!
Congratulations! I hope the car will get delivered soon to you!

Definitely I'm going to check with Support again. What I found weird was that my order was pretty standard (default color, Pilot, Plus, no extras) and it is really taking them a long time to put into production.

581 - 597 of 597 Posts