Polestar Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Is that a lease car? If so, accept any dates with a small Dead Sea of salt... If not, that's great news :) though I can't see how they can give you a date and not me, so I'm assuming it's a lease car and they've done their usual thing of plucking a date out of the air to keep you happy ;).

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Hi no its a cash purchase
That's bizarre given that your car isn't even off the ship yet! Mine's due off the ship on Monday, not expecting to get a date until the following week when it arrives in the UK most likely.

I guess it could well depend on where you are in the country (and which country!) as to who will be doing the local delivery. Some may be on the ball more than others.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I originally ordered 12th October expecting a Jan onwards delivery, was shocked to get e mail with delivery date of 30th Oct !!!!. I rang them to say it was too soon and needs to be Jan. Initial reply was no problem it would be stored until then ( orig vin 006*** ). I said I didn't want it stored 3 months especially as it was one of the early ones with potential issues, they said no problem we will re allocate to another customer. Hence my call yesterday to check they had done what they said and I got new vin no confirmed, and they assure me the delivery date will remain the same. Time will tell if all goes to plan ?

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Hmm, we shall see then! That still sounds possible as a date so fingers crossed :).

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Only if it gets a quick respray too :)

Reactions: toscal353

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I ordered a stock vehicle and got a vin and reg within 2 weeks but it has sat as delivery expected December since. Given that there's only a week of November left and everyone I'm seeing on here is getting a couple weeks notice, wondering if I should be getting in touch?

Let's not kid around I've already phoned them 3 times chancing my arm in the last fortnite.

·
Registered
Midnight Charcoal non-PP Towbar
36 Posts
That's bizarre given that your car isn't even off the ship yet! Mine's due off the ship on Monday, not expecting to get a date until the following week when it arrives in the UK most likely.

I guess it could well depend on where you are in the country (and which country!) as to who will be doing the local delivery. Some may be on the ball more than others.
You may be disappointed.. Mine's been in the country since 4th November and I still don't have a date!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
You may be disappointed.. Mine's been in the country since 4th November and I still don't have a date!!
Have you been asked to pay yet? Ten days ago I was in the same position, with delivery provisionally set for end of November/ early December. The web site tells you that you will receive and e-mail requesting payment, but I hadn't received one and bearing in mind it says funds should be cleared seven days before delivery, I thought time was running out fast. I assumed the delay was due to the recall, but called Customer Services to check what was going on. They were very helpful sorting things out their end and once I had paid, events have moved like lighting and I am expecting delivery this Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
That doesn't sound right... have you chased customer services? Do you have a "Pro forma invoice" link on the orders page?

When I spoke to CS last week, they said that normally as soon as the car is in the UK, they like to get them out to customers ASAP and it's normally at that point that the emails arrive with provisional dates etc - as I understand it (everyone feel free to play "Correct the Super Moderator!" as has become the favourite game on the forum :))

Reactions: Snood

·
Registered
36 Posts
That doesn't sound right... have you chased customer services? Do you have a "Pro forma invoice" link on the orders page?

View attachment 1880

When I spoke to CS last week, they said that normally as soon as the car is in the UK, they like to get them out to customers ASAP and it's normally at that point that the emails arrive with provisional dates etc - as I understand it (everyone feel free to play "Correct the Super Moderator!" as has become the favourite game on the forum :))
P* told my leasing company it typically takes 2 to 3 weeks to 'prepare' the car once it arrives in the UK. I've tried chasing them but they won't talk to me as I'm not the owner of the order.. The lease company seem to be lazy wotsits as they leave it to P* to arrange delivery directly, but are supposedly chasing them (if only to stop me nagging them..!! 😂😂)

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Ah, lease purchase changes everything. Phew! (But sorry to hear you're being sent around the houses on it!).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ah, lease purchase changes everything. Phew! (But sorry to hear you're being sent around the houses on it!).
Thanks Richard.. just out of curiosity, why does that make a difference? Surely £50k is £50k as far as P* are concerned?

·
Registered
577 Posts
For some reason the Lease companies do appear to lag behind. Whether that is because they order x months ahead, have discounts with the manufacturer, have some tax implications or are simply very slow payers i don't know.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts