Polestar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the techy stuff on this forum goes right over my head. Oh yeah, I read it. Appreciate all of your collective knowledge. I really do. But wow you fellas go deep. This isn't the thread for you.
This is for us dum-dums/non-owners. Maybe you feel like making grand proclamations. But you have no technical knowledge or don't even have a Polestar. Here's one to start you off....

Ghost Drain

Research at HMP Swinfen Hall has proved Ghost Drain on the P2 battery has been apportioned to the "cooling coffee mug" theory.
You know, a full cup of coffee takes a lot longer to cool than a half full cup. Same with the battery. Extensive research advises staying topped up to 100% at all times to avoid Ghost Drain.

You never know, I could get a job at The Sun

·
Registered
33 Posts
All the techy stuff on this forum goes right over my head. Oh yeah, I read it. Appreciate all of your collective knowledge. I really do. But wow you fellas go deep. This isn't the thread for you.
This is for us dum-dums/non-owners. Maybe you feel like making grand proclamations. But you have no technical knowledge or don't even have a Polestar. Here's one to start you off....

Ghost Drain

Research at HMP Swinfen Hall has proved Ghost Drain on the P2 battery has been apportioned to the "cooling coffee mug" theory.
You know, a full cup of coffee takes a lot longer to cool than a half full cup. Same with the battery. Extensive research advises staying topped up to 100% at all times to avoid Ghost Drain.

nicely put.

·
Registered
128 Posts
On this Ghost Drain topic and since I am mostly locked down at home since car delivery, I can only say that it must be very-very little.
2 example:
  • I parked the car for 3 days in a row with no charging: left it at 89% and at 88% 3 days after.
  • I parked the car for 4 days in a row with no charging: left it at 69% and still at 69% 4 days after.
Might be that the 89% was actually like 89,0x% and dropped below 89% in the 3 days...or that the 69% was almost 70% in fact. Anyway, I guess the ghost drain does not seem like a real issue to me.
Just my 2 cents on this :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On this Ghost Drain topic and since I am mostly locked down at home since car delivery, I can only say that it must be very-very little.
2 example:
  • I parked the car for 3 days in a row with no charging: left it at 89% and at 88% 3 days after.
  • I parked the car for 4 days in a row with no charging: left it at 69% and still at 69% 4 days after.
Might be that the 89% was actually like 89,0x% and dropped below 89% in the 3 days...or that the 69% was almost 70% in fact. Anyway, I guess the ghost drain does not seem like a real issue to me.
Just my 2 cents on this :)
🤣
Maybe Belgian ghosts are more friendly?
I'll put it to the guys at HMP Swinfen

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no ghost drain at all. I leave mine effectively unplugged for days at a time (when there's no cheap Agile energy). I haven't seen it drop one percentage point.
Wait. Is Ghost Drain a thing? I thought I made it up. Sorry.

Chargers Finger
When wearing fingerless gloves beware of Chargers Finger. A guy in Rotterdam says the front extroverters create a path directly through the glove causing him to point at Tesla drivers in an aggressive way. The infection rate is low at the moment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No Ghosts around, but Vampires are a common thing:

That's why the so-called curry hook is actually a garlic hook - it's there to always keep some fresh garlic hanging in the car.
I live in Belgium but I'm actually half Transylvanian. Thanks for the Dracula-Arbre-Magique tip!

·
Registered
108 Posts

Ghost Drain

I will ask them to look for signs of an ectoplasm leak when it goes in for the recall

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DisConnect 4
Last month rumours were rife in Corsica when 4 of the coolest dudes on the island lost all connectivity to their Polestar 2s. The cars had been won in an Island-Wide Virility competion. The 4 manliest men had been gifted the cars but on October 21st (the 3rd Wdnesday of the month) their issues began.
Leading scientists believe the rampant machoism of the 4 men was so powerful it blew the signal. Some fear that similar issues could re-occur on a monthly 3rd Wednesday basis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts