Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago Google went off line and Spotify stopped working.
I’ve rebooted the main screen but still nothing.
Whilst using Google maps, one minute it’s an English voice guiding you and the next an American!
Any ideas please
Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Your LTE/4G connection is gone (no icon, reception icon has a cross).
Resetting the car with the home button press for 20 or more seconds could help.
Depending on your software version, the next reset of the telecom module could be either of these options (not all)
  • long press the play/pause button
  • long press the front window demister next to the play button
  • long press the rear window heating button
Whilst doing that, the SOS button above you in the center should blink red
Then wait for the LTE/4G to come back

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your LTE/4G connection is gone (no icon, reception icon has a cross).
Resetting the car with the home button press for 20 or more seconds could help.
Depending on your software version, the next reset of the telecom module could be either of these options (not all)
  • long press the play/pause button
  • long press the front window demister next to the play button
  • long press the rear window heating button
Whilst doing that, the SOS button above you in the center should blink red
Then wait for the LTE/4G to come back
Thank you

I’ll give it a go in the morning!

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is a long shot but worked for me. Lock the car and check back in the morning after a good night sleep. Also keep the key(s) from a distance from the car. It should reset itself.
In any case, no need to reset to factory settings. That doesn’t do 💩

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just tried all the above and still no joy.
You are correct I have a cross through the LTE/4G symbol.
Any other suggestions please?
Did you see the blinking SOS button ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Then your reset of the TCAM didn’t work either. As I said, locking the car and leaving it overnight worked for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This is a long shot but worked for me. Lock the car and check back in the morning after a good night sleep. Also keep the key(s) from a distance from the car. It should reset itself.
In any case, no need to reset to factory settings. That doesn’t do 💩
I’ve got a new key where you leave one key in the car all the time and just carry around a small fob which the car recognises and the car opens when you touch the door handle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When they delivered the car two weeks ago they gave me two large key fobs plus a small fob with no buttons.
He said to leave one large key fob hidden in the car all the time and put the small fob on my key ring.
Then when I approach the car it recognises me and I just touch the door handle and the car unlocks.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
I don't know if you're joking, but if you're not, you were misled. Do not leave a key in the car. Your car will unlock as you describe with only a fob on your person.

Haven't tried it, but I think you're leaving your car vulnerable to theft.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know if you're joking, but if you're not, you were misled. Do not leave a key in the car. Your car will unlock as you describe with only a fob on your person.

Haven't tried it, but I think you're leaving your car vulnerable to theft.
No for sure that’s what they said. If I haven’t got the small fob on me the car will not open so must be something in what they say.
I’ll contact Polestar help desk if it’s still not connecting in the morning.
Cheers for your help

·
Registered
181 Posts
No for sure that’s what they said. If I haven’t got the small fob on me the car will not open so must be something in what they say.
I’ll contact Polestar help desk if it’s still not connecting in the morning.
Cheers for your help
I think you're misunderstanding - you do need the small fob to open the car, but you don't need to (and seriously shouldn't) also leave one of the main keys in the car. The small fob functions just like one of the main keys, it lets you lock/unlock, start and drive the vehicle on its own without any need for the main keys.

The main keys just feature the additional buttons and a physical key if you ever need that.

Use either one of the two main keys or the fob - and put the other two safely away somewhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I think you're misunderstanding - you do need the small fob to open the car, but you don't need to (and seriously shouldn't) also leave one of the main keys in the car. The small fob functions just like one of the main keys, it lets you lock/unlock, start and drive the vehicle on its own without any need for the main keys.

The main keys just feature the additional buttons and a physical key if you ever need that.

Use either one of the two main keys or the fob - and put the other two safely away somewhere.
Ok thanks for your help 👍

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just to add - what the delivery driver told you, whilst unnecessary, isn't as dangerous as some might think as if you leave a key in the car and lock the car with another key (e.g. the fob), the key left in the car is disabled until you unlock the car again with one of the other keys. In other words, if someone breaks into your locked car and steals a key that you've left in there, that key's not going to work.

Not something I'd want to chance though, as I don't see any situation where you'd choose to regularly leave a key locked in the car.

·
Registered
Nov ‘20, void, slate, 19” non-PP, tow bar
3 Posts
Just so you’re aware, that smaller fob is a waterproof one - designed for use if you go swimming or surfing or somewhere that the regular fobs might not like to go. It works the same as the others, but without the buttons and without the manual backup key inside. The latter could be a consideration if you travel somewhere and leave your car in airport parking for a week or so (especially in colder weather) and the 12V battery dies. I used to use the smaller fob routinely until I had my 12V battery shut down in the cold and got locked out (need to get inside to pop the bonnet to access 12V), so for now I carry the larger one (at least until the warmer weather is here to stay for awhile).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If they really did tell you to leave a key in the car, that delivery driver needs tracking down and educating. It's one of the stupidest things I have ever heard!
He sure did. I’ve taken the key out now and low and behold the little fob lock and unlocks the car.
I’ll be having a word with the leasing company!

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,293 Posts
Please do, and let Customer Services at Polestar know as well - I've heard so much utter rubbish from delivery drivers but that takes the biscuit!*

*adding to our American friends' love of the English idiom :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts