Polestar Forum banner

Google Assist

4K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  rgledhill 
#1 ·
Two days ago Google went off line and Spotify stopped working.
I’ve rebooted the main screen but still nothing.
Whilst using Google maps, one minute it’s an English voice guiding you and the next an American!
Any ideas please
Thanks

#2 ·
Your LTE/4G connection is gone (no icon, reception icon has a cross).
Resetting the car with the home button press for 20 or more seconds could help.
Depending on your software version, the next reset of the telecom module could be either of these options (not all)
  • long press the play/pause button
  • long press the front window demister next to the play button
  • long press the rear window heating button
Whilst doing that, the SOS button above you in the center should blink red
Then wait for the LTE/4G to come back

#5 ·
This is a long shot but worked for me. Lock the car and check back in the morning after a good night sleep. Also keep the key(s) from a distance from the car. It should reset itself.
In any case, no need to reset to factory settings. That doesn’t do 💩

#11 ·
When they delivered the car two weeks ago they gave me two large key fobs plus a small fob with no buttons.
He said to leave one large key fob hidden in the car all the time and put the small fob on my key ring.
Then when I approach the car it recognises me and I just touch the door handle and the car unlocks.

#13 ·
I don't know if you're joking, but if you're not, you were misled. Do not leave a key in the car. Your car will unlock as you describe with only a fob on your person.

Haven't tried it, but I think you're leaving your car vulnerable to theft.
No for sure that’s what they said. If I haven’t got the small fob on me the car will not open so must be something in what they say.
I’ll contact Polestar help desk if it’s still not connecting in the morning.
Cheers for your help

#16 ·
Just to add - what the delivery driver told you, whilst unnecessary, isn't as dangerous as some might think as if you leave a key in the car and lock the car with another key (e.g. the fob), the key left in the car is disabled until you unlock the car again with one of the other keys. In other words, if someone breaks into your locked car and steals a key that you've left in there, that key's not going to work.

Not something I'd want to chance though, as I don't see any situation where you'd choose to regularly leave a key locked in the car.

#18 ·
Just so you’re aware, that smaller fob is a waterproof one - designed for use if you go swimming or surfing or somewhere that the regular fobs might not like to go. It works the same as the others, but without the buttons and without the manual backup key inside. The latter could be a consideration if you travel somewhere and leave your car in airport parking for a week or so (especially in colder weather) and the 12V battery dies. I used to use the smaller fob routinely until I had my 12V battery shut down in the cold and got locked out (need to get inside to pop the bonnet to access 12V), so for now I carry the larger one (at least until the warmer weather is here to stay for awhile).

#20 ·
Please do, and let Customer Services at Polestar know as well - I've heard so much utter rubbish from delivery drivers but that takes the biscuit!*

*adding to our American friends' love of the English idiom :)

Reactions: Joel S. and Mick
#26 ·
True, but if someone's watching you and you get out, close the doors, and press the handle to lock the car, all they need to do is go up to it once you're out of sight, press the handle to unlock the car and drive away.

One thing is certain - if it's nicked and the insurers find out you've left a key in the car, no amount of explaining will make them pay up. You'll have no car and no money.

#27 ·
True, but if someone's watching you and you get out, close the doors, and press the handle to lock the car, all they need to do is go up to it once you're out of sight, press the handle to unlock the car and drive away.
No, that's the point - once you press the handle to lock the car, that key you've left in the car is totally dead so the door isn't going to open for anyone trying the handle apart from you when you return to the car with your active key and unlock the door. Only then is the key left inside the car activated again.

#28 ·
In the name of science, I just had a play. I put one key in my pocket and another on the passenger seat, and opened the passenger window. I then got out of the car and locked it by touching the handle. Took the key out of my pocket and put it in the house. Tried the car doors - locked. Reached through the passenger window and 'stole' the key off the seat - tried the car door handles again, still locked. Pressed the unlock buttons on the fob and even a boot-kick - nothing, car still locked. Got the original key back from the house - car opened fine, and the other key now also worked as usual too.

#31 ·
How does it work, technically? Does this mean the car keeps state of keys at all times? Or is it the state kept in the keys?
(You see, @krheinwald, these are the kind of questions I'm planning to ask in the Facebook group too, and pester them to give us all answers. Will it work? I'd give it a 30% probability.)

#30 · (Edited)
Just to confirm that the spare key was hidden so no one would see it. You could not get in the car without the little fob but at the end of the day NO need to leave any spare key in the car at all. Think as someone said, he was getting his cars mixed up.
Good news also is that the Google assist kicked back in again after a week. I tried holding the de-mister button down for 15 seconds Again. No blinking SOS button but it seems to have done the trick this time!
Thanks all for your help and comments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.