Polestar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you have to disable or add a non MFA device for the PS2 to allow it to log in as you?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Do you already have a Google account with 2FA enabled? 2FA is not enabled initially when setting up a new account.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, already had 2FA enabled. A note for others if using a Username and Password for Google with 2FA turned on then you will need to set up an Application Password.

Or alternatively, you can take a picture of the QR Code the car gives you and do the rest on your phone, didn't notice that option straight away.

But love the car, and OMG it's quick!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've tried to set up Google Assistant, specifically "Allow personal results in their car" but when I switch it 'On' 2FA says it wants to verify it's me and my mobile then shows a Google app with "Someone is logging on from another device, is this you?" answer Yes and the Polestar display shows the same "Someone is logging on from another device, is this you?" screen as was on the mobile. Answering Yes, loops me back to "We need to verify this is you..." This whole sequence repeats, oops it's Groundhog Day. @Kerbs could you share, how do you set up an app password?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Kerbs could you share, how do you set up an app password?
Create & use Google App Passwords
If you use 2-Step-Verification and get a "password incorrect" error when you sign in, you can try to use an App Password.
  1. Go to your Google Account.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Under "Signing in to Google," select "App Passwords". You may need to sign in. If you don’t have this option, it might be because:
    1. 2-Step Verification is not set up for your account.
    2. 2-Step Verification is only set up for security keys.
    3. Your account is through work, school, or other organization.
    4. You turned on Advanced Protection.
  4. At the bottom, choose "Select app" and choose "Other - Custom Name" and enter "PoleStar"
  5. Once you've given it a name click "Generate".
  6. Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. The App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device.
  7. Tap Done.
Tip: Most of the time, you’ll only have to enter an App password once per app or device, so don’t worry about memorizing it.:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks @Kerbs, I now have Google Assistant connecting with my P*2. What I hadn't appreciated, and you kindly corrected, was the Android Automotive device is unable to cope 2 factor authentication, hence the need to authorise it using the App Password. This really is a most useful forum 😃

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
203 Posts
Useful to know. I use 2FA everywhere I can.

That said I was able to login to my Google account which was enabled with 2FA. My phone alerted my that I was trying to login, is this you. I replied 'Yes' and I was set up. I can't remember the specifics as it was several months ago now and I have not had to repeat this.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Useful to know. I use 2FA everywhere I can.

That said I was able to login to my Google account which was enabled with 2FA. My phone alerted my that I was trying to login, is this you. I replied 'Yes' and I was set up. I can't remember the specifics as it was several months ago now and I have not had to repeat this.
Same, it worked fine for me first time without needing to setup an app password, just validated 2fa through prompted process.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've got 2FA enabled, but from what I recall logging in to the car for the first time was fairly seamless, no text message, or authenticator codes needed. I think you had the option to log in using your mobile phone? as opposed to typing in your google password

1 - 9 of 9 Posts