Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experience the problem after the 30th of September 2021, we are Google has signed them out and will not let you sign back in because of a minimum age required. I’ve tried going into the Google account and changing my date of birth many a time confirmed age and signing out and back in, i’ve tried a number of times but I still have the same problem when trying to log in on the car, where it says minimum age required “your Google account doesn’t meet the minimum age requirement for accounts associated with this vehicle”.

i’m 56, so how old do you have to be to be responsible to use Google in the polestar? 😂
Font Screenshot Darkness Multimedia Circle

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Dual Motor, plus & pilot, midnight & towbar
72 Posts
Anyone else experience the problem after the 30th of September 2021, we are Google has signed them out and will not let you sign back in because of a minimum age required. I’ve tried going into the Google account and changing my date of birth many a time confirmed age and signing out and back in, i’ve tried a number of times but I still have the same problem when trying to log in on the car, where it says minimum age required “your Google account doesn’t meet the minimum age requirement for accounts associated with this vehicle”.

i’m 56, so how old do you have to be to be responsible to use Google in the polestar? 😂 View attachment 7703
Perhaps you're too old? (Sorry, couldn't resist 😀)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts

i’m 56, so how old do you have to be to be responsible to use Google in the polestar? 😂 View attachment 7703
Not that it actually helps, but seems like your Google account itself needs to be X min/hrs/days/weeks/years old to qualify.

But I thought many folks would set up polestar specific google accounts and this seems to exclude that....

·
Registered
72 Posts
As a serious suggestion, Google does sometimes ask for age verification against accounts, may be worth checking to see if that's what's happened.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a serious suggestion, Google does sometimes ask for age verification against accounts, may be worth checking to see if that's what's happened.

Thanks I’ve been over that a number of time but it doesn’t actually tell you how to do it. I’ve changed date of birth to force it into a validation and it just comes up with “confirm you age” button and that’s it! but still after confirmation nothing changes in the car still won’t let me in. Done resets loged out on every device. All since last update a week ago 🤷🏻‍♂️ Polestar support next if know one here got the problem.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks I’ve been over that a number of time but it doesn’t actually tell you how to do it. I’ve changed date of birth to force it into a validation and it just comes up with “confirm you age” button and that’s it! but still after confirmation nothing changes in the car still won’t let me in. Done resets loged out on every device. All since last update a week ago 🤷🏻‍♂️ Polestar support next if know one here got the problem.
Is your Google account a personal or work one? It does say that things may not work with a work account.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is your Google account a personal or work one? It does say that things may not work with a work account.
You can't log in at all with a "Work" (workspace) account, it states account type not supported (or something to that affect)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I checked earlier, just to be sure, my account is still working OK (so probably not a too old thing ;) :) )

I'd suggest giving Google Support a go in the first instance, it sounds like the problem is at their end, so will be best place to answer it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, but personal one

I checked earlier, just to be sure, my account is still working OK (so probably not a too old thing ;) :) )

I'd suggest giving Google Support a go in the first instance, it sounds like the problem is at their end, so will be best place to answer it?

yes yes yes! I found out out to do it! Thanks google for giving no guidance whatsoever ever. The answer was to go on a pc not the phone. Then go to google maps, not your account details. Google maps then takes you through an age conformation process. Hope this helps any on else with the same issue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks, but personal one

yes yes yes! I found out out to do it! Thanks google for giving no guidance whatsoever ever. The answer was to go on a pc not the phone. Then go to google maps, not your account details. Google maps then takes you through an age conformation process. Hope this helps any on else with the same issue.
Well of course, makes perfect sense. I mean, you're in a car, so of course you'd need set the account age up using maps.

Well done Google 🙄🤣

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks, but personal one

Same issue here. Google (personal) account was deleted by the car. When signing in again -> error (age requirement...). I logged in on Google maps on the PC. No age checking procedure here.
Still not able to log on to te car. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same issue here. Google (personal) account was deleted by the car. When signing in again -> error (age requirement...). I logged in on Google maps on the PC. No age checking procedure here.
Still not able to log on to te car. Any suggestions?
Only a suggestion, not sure if this will help, as I went round and round and round in circles before I got to the pc bit but try logging out on all devices. Then try logging in whilst on maps only on the pc 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s a shocking mess with no instructions ain’t it 😡

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got logged out and got the age requirement message, preventing me from logging in. I see a solution has been found for this, however it seems far more tedious than what I did to solve the issue.

I deleted my Google account from the car, and upon reconnecting my account I chose the connect using an android phone option. Tapping the notification on my phone to connect didn't work, as I got the age requirement again, but retrying yet again I instead input the "pairdevice.gle/######" link displayed on the screen and it worked like a charm, logged me right in and I can use voice assistant again. Might be worth trying or keeping in mind if it happens and you're far from a computer!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts