Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My order was placed in July this year and said October delivery. A week later it says December. Today I got my vin number.

does this mean it’ll come to the uk early? And is there anything I can do now I have the vin? Shipping tracking etc? Thanks

053… number

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think the VIN is assigned when the production is scheduled. So still sometime to wait, I'm afraid. I've known my VIN since early June, and my delivery date is still unknown but probably in Oct.

·
Registered
2021 P2, Magnesium/Charcoal, non-pp, 19"
117 Posts
I really wish they had a vin lookup service, that would show production date (scheduled if not build yet) and car details, and maybe shipping dates and eta for arrival etc, but that would probably be against their communication policy (witch looks like a say nothing more than you have to policy).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the VIN is assigned when the production is scheduled. So still sometime to wait, I'm afraid. I've known my VIN since early June, and my delivery date is still unknown but probably in Oct.
CS told me the VIN is assigned “towards the end of the build”. Online chat with them yesterday said mine (ordered towards the end of July) was “built & dispatched”, but they couldn’t tell me which boat it’s on.

delivery estimate keeps flipping between “November” and “December” on the website.
Apparently we can expect an email when it arrives in the UK - typically a 47 or 57 day sea voyage depending on which route the boat takes/number of stops it makes on the way to Southampton.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I really wish they had a vin lookup service, that would show production date (scheduled if not build yet) and car details, and maybe shipping dates and eta for arrival etc, but that would probably be against their communication policy (witch looks like a say nothing more than you have to policy).
They do have that, just not in a public facing format. Your dealer or CS should be able to supply it to you, though they may choose not to.

·
Registered
267 Posts
CS told me the VIN is assigned “towards the end of the build”.
Unless the factory in China does things completely different from the Volvo factories, then the VIN is assigned when the build allocation is assigned a production slot. That VIN and the build info follow the car from the start of production.

·
Registered
2021 P2, Magnesium/Charcoal, non-pp, 19"
117 Posts
They do have that, just not in a public facing format. Your dealer or CS should be able to supply it to you, though they may choose not to.
I really hope they have an internal system to check vin :) CS here in Norway said they are not able to track the car while in transit, and if that really is true, they have a severely bad logistics system.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I really hope they have an internal system to check vin :) CS here in Norway said they are not able to track the car while in transit, and if that really is true, they have a severely bad logistics system.
Head over to the swedespeed forum, and it details the way to track shipping by VIN. It worked for my Volvo and may work for Polestar as well.

·
Registered
Single Motor, Stanadard Range, Thunder, Pilot & Plus
8 Posts
My initial Order said November delivery, I got my VIN yesterday and it reduced the delivery to October. I'm hoping they don't change it again

·
Registered
On Order 2022 LR Midnight, Pilot+Plus+Nappa+tow 19" no-pp
27 Posts
@GreenJungle I'm on the same schedule, July order, November delivery. I also have a Vin and was trying to join the dots. I see I now have a Pro forma invoice with a build date of 22nd August and a planned delivery of 19th October, but the main page says November.
If I look at the shipping dates in another thread it would appear ( Sea Freight details ) or there abouts, scan backwards to see shipping dates append. Polestar use a Swedish car carrier company and the next ship to leave is:
Traviata (AE125) departs 13 Sep - arrives 16 Oct
So my best guess is the car is built it's now sitting around waiting for Traviata to turn up which gets to Zeebruger on the 16th October, it then gets shipped to Immingham, Humberside. Not sure how, another car carrier or on a transporter and a roll on roll off ferry or .. This was mentioned elsewhere then it gets sent by Road to Bicester Oxon, where they do PDI. From here BCA delivery individually to you. This part of the process reportedly takes 3 weeks which seems to gel with the November date. I assume once it leaves Zeebruger then they will want to complete and you will get reg no etc. So on or around the 16th I'm expecting to get to the next stage.
Again a guess if you are in Mainland Europe then 19th October on the invoice probably is a good date, this would give them a few days to do PDI before you get it.

I was excited but it's getting damped down by the appends about features falling away on MY2022 I didn't know about. I assumed when I went and tested at Milton Keynes that was what I was getting but apparently not which feels a bit like bait and switch, keys going, homelink, headlight washers, what else? The LTE bugging and other niggles they can't seem to get on top of also I find worrying.

Communication has been poor, although I did have a moan on the chat about the delivery date hokey cokey and the guy I was chatting did take the time to email me to give me an update a week or so back, so I can't really complain anymore. They do seem to have taken that onboard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also have a Vin and was trying to join the dots. I see I now have a Pro forma invoice with a build date of 22nd August and a planned delivery of 19th October, but the main page says November
I ordered back in April and my main page has always said September. The proforma when it appeared said august. I sort of assumed that was maybe delivery to the UK then a few weeks before customer delivery.

I checked with them last week and my car is indeed in the uk and apparently in transit to the dealer where pre delivery checks will be completed and I will be offered delivery dates so should be September, as the main page has said all along.

I was disappointed when I heard about the various features that seem to have disappeared too but realistically for me I don’t know if they are that necessary anyway. Does kinda take some shine off the experience though.

Hopefully I’ll hear soon about delivery as I have to travel over from Northern Ireland to collect so will need to arrange ferries and make sure I’m not working!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@GreenJungle I'm on the same schedule, July order, November delivery. I also have a Vin and was trying to join the dots. I see I now have a Pro forma invoice with a build date of 22nd August and a planned delivery of 19th October, but the main page says November.
If I look at the shipping dates in another thread it would appear ( Sea Freight details ) or there abouts, scan backwards to see shipping dates append. Polestar use a Swedish car carrier company and the next ship to leave is:
Traviata (AE125) departs 13 Sep - arrives 16 Oct
So my best guess is the car is built it's now sitting around waiting for Traviata to turn up which gets to Zeebruger on the 16th October, it then gets shipped to Immingham, Humberside. Not sure how, another car carrier or on a transporter and a roll on roll off ferry or .. This was mentioned elsewhere then it gets sent by Road to Bicester Oxon, where they do PDI. From here BCA delivery individually to you. This part of the process reportedly takes 3 weeks which seems to gel with the November date. I assume once it leaves Zeebruger then they will want to complete and you will get reg no etc. So on or around the 16th I'm expecting to get to the next stage.
Again a guess if you are in Mainland Europe then 19th October on the invoice probably is a good date, this would give them a few days to do PDI before you get it.

I was excited but it's getting damped down by the appends about features falling away on MY2022 I didn't know about. I assumed when I went and tested at Milton Keynes that was what I was getting but apparently not which feels a bit like bait and switch, keys going, homelink, headlight washers, what else? The LTE bugging and other niggles they can't seem to get on top of also I find worrying.

Communication has been poor, although I did have a moan on the chat about the delivery date hokey cokey and the guy I was chatting did take the time to email me to give me an update a week or so back, so I can't really complain anymore. They do seem to have taken that onboard.
thanks for this. Where do you find the pro forma invoice? And where’s this information about features being removed ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks for this. Where do you find the pro forma invoice? And where’s this information about features being removed ?
Login to Polestar.com then do Orders->View Scroll down one frame, Under Order information I see Download order information, and under that Download Pro forma invoice, if you click that link then you get a PDF invoice with the build date and delivery date. Delivery I suspect is Sweden time as I speculated above.
Features disappearing are discussed here: MY21 / MY22
Ultimately it's the good faith thing, what else are they casually dropping but not calling out. At least they've said you will get the tail gate kick opener if it misses the build.
Ok if I'm realistic, headlight washers aren't the greatest thing on earth just another thing to go wrong. Homelink I would have made use of, only European cars have lost it. The keys now that's just plain nasty in my view. Even though the key looks like an ex-smokers placebo, and given the app is far from rock solid I plan to stay with a key for the foreseeable and not having a second for the missus will cause all sorts of ear ache. "How much did you pay for this thing... even a 70's Ford had two keys.."

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I want to revise my hypothesis above on delivery. I was looking at the Traviata (AE125) schedule. It leaves LIANYUNGANG on the 13th / 14th September but I note from there it is sailing to Greece, from there is goes to Bristol arriving on 14th October. So it would seem reasonable to assume they will offload the UK cars in this shipped batch from there and transport to Bicester for delivery. It then goes to Le Harve then Zeebruge fwiw. Therefore the 21st October on my invoice pro-forma could well work as it's 7 days later if it drops in Bristol. Fingers crossed, probably completely wrong..

·
Registered
15 Posts
So it would seem reasonable to assume they will offload the UK cars in this shipped batch from there and transport to Bicester for delivery.
I think they use Wallenius Wilhelmsen's EV PDI facilities at Zeebrugge so I don't think they will land anything at Bristol. But who knows.....?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well polestar told me my car is due to port on October 16, and it’s a week for inspections prior to delivery dates.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think they use Wallenius Wilhelmsen's EV PDI facilities at Zeebrugge so I don't think they will land anything at Bristol. But who knows.....?
I agree they use Wallenius Wilhelmsen's. I'm looking at their website for shipping dates. There is also helpfully a page on their saying how they are working with Polestar which seems to support also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Talking to CS just now, mine is coming in via Zeebrugge, and is due in the UK “mid October”, having left from Shanghai.
One of those boats I guess:
Font Material property Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree they use Wallenius Wilhelmsen's. I'm looking at their website for shipping dates. There is also helpfully a page on their saying how they are working with Polestar which seems to support also.
I’ve spoken to PS CS and they said my DM LR Pilot/Plus (ordered early June and showing estimated October delivery) should be with me early October. Whether “early October” is first half or first week I’m not sure. However based on timescales listed above I’m guessing it must be on one of the first two boats posted above. 🤞

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm on track as well. I got invited to confirm my order today. After doing that I got an email saying the car was in transit from China and a nice picture of some cars in the hold of a ship. Looking at the above, the most likely is off Italy. My order pro-forma is showing 22nd Oct as delivery, car was produced 22nd August.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts