Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a quick chat with Polestar, asking if I could have number plates with the green flash down the side. The answer I got is interesting!

Good morning Richard,

Thanks for your email.

Yes, we are working with the DVLA to ensure these number plates are available as soon as possible. Being fully electric, the Polestar 2 does qualify for these and soon, all our cars will be delivered with these.

We don't hold a set date on when this will be from but will also offer existing owners the opportunity to switch to these new green number plates if they wish.

Kind regards,

Phil
Polestar Team
So if you already have your car, they may offer you a replacement set of number plates with the green flash on, if you want :) .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Has anybody had any luck with getting green plates? Noticed a few cars at work with the green flashes now so maybe we can request from Polestar now?

Had a quick chat with Polestar, asking if I could have number plates with the green flash down the side. The answer I got is interesting!

So if you already have your car, they may offer you a replacement set of number plates with the green flash on, if you want :) .

·
Super Moderator
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No luck, they never replied in the end. I ordered some cheap stickers off ebay:

They also have some ones with a little cute cable and plug logo on them too!

Looks like their ebay shop is closed until 15th January though and the items have disappeared for now. I did see a Mini Electric in our village with these stickers on and they looked really good.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Has anybody had any luck with getting green plates? Noticed a few cars at work with the green flashes now so maybe we can request from Polestar now?
When I asked not looking after my car arrived i was told that PS may do this later on, but that for now I'd have the regular plates.n she also mentioned that the plates are fully compliant! 😁

·
Super Moderator
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have no idea what SCNR means I'm afraid ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
The new EV Green number plates have suddenly popped up on lots of online sellers. I have a 'cherished plate' so when I eventually get my lease car I will swop for a green flash set.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Halfords started to accept orders last month.

Cost of green number plates

Green number plates can be purchased either as a pair or individually, with the following pricing:

Front plate (white) only - £18
Rear plate (yellow) only - £18
Pair of plates - £36

When I receive my car next week and get my V5 paperwork, I will order one. :)

(Disclaimer: I’m not working for Halfords)

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's good to hear, thanks. But despite that, my question has to be... why aren't PS arranging this?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I asked them in Oct/Nov, they said they were unable to provide one. But they did sound willing to consider in the future as the volume ramping up...

That's good to hear, thanks. But despite that, my question has to be... why aren't PS arranging this?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts