Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
I really like the song ‘The Man Who Stole the World’ by David Bowie. It features an instrument called the guiro predominantly.
But I don’t want my car to replicate this sound thank you.
I’m gonna try to post a link to a video. Don’t hold your breath!
Noise stops as I straighten up. No sign of something being stuck. Any ideas? Or has the spirit of The Thin White Duke claimed my car?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
Hi
I really like the song ‘The Man Who Stole the World’ by David Bowie. It features the guiro predominantly.
But I don’t want my car to replicate this sound thank you.
I’m gonna try to post a link to a video. Don’t hold your breath!
Noise stops as I straighten up. No sign of something being stuck. Any ideas? Or has the spirit of The Thin White Duke claimed my car?
Edit: I deleted the video as I got scared I shared all my pics mistakenly!! 😬
Edit 2: how do I post a 7 second clip that will change your life?
post it to Google Drive, Dropbox, Youtube, or similar. Get a URL/link for sharing the file after it uploads (make sure the link is set to "Public" or similar so we can view it). Copy and past that link only to here.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
You might be able to drag and drop it into the message box where you're typing the post?

So, the noise - does it only do it when you're turning then, if it stops when you're driving straight?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

So the more lock the louder the noise. Turning both ways, forward & reverse the noise remains. But silent when wheels are straight.
Turn up your volume

·
Registered
834 Posts
So the more lock the louder the noise. Turning both ways, forward & reverse the noise remains. But silent when wheels are straight.
Wow, that's really apparent. When I was a kid we used to take a clothes pin and put a playing card in the spokes of our bicycles to make it sound like a motor. Maybe Polestar was experimenting with spoke sounds in the AVAS on yours? But seriously, it's not supposed to sound like that I'm sure. Are the wheel wells clear of anything hanging down that could come in contact with the tires?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ll send the clip to Volvo tomorrow.
The auto lights & wipers started acting up again this evening too. 4g is working well though.
And now I know how to post videos on here it may open up a can of worms (not a euphemism)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are the wheel wells clear of anything hanging down that could come in contact with the tires?
I only noticed it tonight so hard to see in the dark. My girlfriend has been driving my car this week. I’ve had the pleasure of this mean machine....

If you thought rear visibility was bad in the Polestar....

·
Registered
770 Posts

Turn up your volume
YIKES!

·
Registered
416 Posts
AFAIK, and Lord knows that's not a lot, but this sounds very much like a misaligned accordian-like rubber part behind front wheels in most cars. I've definitely heard this before in a friend's 2003 Corolla.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I’ll send the clip to Volvo tomorrow.
The auto lights & wipers started acting up again this evening too. 4g is working well though.
And now I know how to post videos on here it may open up a can of worms (not a euphemism)
Ah now picking up on the lights and wipers comment. I have just taken my to my local Volvo dealer to get the jack etc and to apparently get the software updated (no need in the end). Anwyay on the way there I got a couple of messages saying that the auto lights and wipers were temporarily unavailable.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah now picking up on the lights and wipers comment. I have just taken my to my local Volvo dealer to get the jack etc and to apparently get the software updated (no need in the end). Anwyay on the way there I got a couple of messages saying that the auto lights and wipers were temporarily unavailable.
Clean the windscreen in the camera area (behind the rear view mirror). Some of the products used when ceramic coating, including water repellents, can screw with the cameras. I think.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Clean the windscreen in the camera area (behind the rear view mirror). Some of the products used when ceramic coating, including water repellents, can screw with the cameras. I think.
That'll be done at the weekend - nice tip!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Can you describe the sound?
You know the guiro in Man Who Stole the World?
The Nirvana song?
Can I speak with your manager?

Booked in Tuesday morning.
Won't you miss listening to this magnificent musical instrument at whim when in your car??
But let us know what they find and fix.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
I only noticed it tonight so hard to see in the dark. My girlfriend has been driving my car this week. I’ve had the pleasure of this mean machine....
View attachment 3265
If you thought rear visibility was bad in the Polestar....
Erm missus driving your car which now sounds like a bag of spanner’s 🙄🤔....any correlation? #justsaying

1 - 20 of 40 Posts