Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had asked Polestar customer support via email how the car would be delivered to me.
Where it was coming from and if the handover was similar to the traditional handover or just the car delivered.
I received a reply this morning:
The car will be delivered by trailer (coming from the Midlands) to a location close by. Then driven to my home.
The handover agents 'will proceed to discuss the various car options and abilities with you, just like a traditional handover. The length of this can depend on how many questions you have etc.'

I now know what to expect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had asked Polestar customer support via email how the car would be delivered to me.
Where it was coming from and if the handover was similar to the traditional handover or just the car delivered.
I received a reply this morning:
The car will be delivered by trailer (coming from the Midlands) to a location close by. Then driven to my home.
The handover agents 'will proceed to discuss the various car options and abilities with you, just like a traditional handover. The length of this can depend on how many questions you have etc.'

I now know what to expect.
Interesting...
If the car was actually delivered by trailer a single person could do both transport and handover.
With the car being driven to the delivery address that means 2 cars / 2 people.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mine is due on Wednesday so will find out soon! Trying to write myself a check list of things to check, things to ask and also what bits and pieces it should come with.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Mine is due on Wednesday so will find out soon! Trying to write myself a check list of things to check, things to ask and also what bits and pieces it should come with.
Do us a favor and look under the floor of the frunk. I'd like to know what they give us in the states. I'm already guessing I'll be tracking down a European warning triangle to buy as I hate empty slots, lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The beams of the head lights need to be checked before handover. The beam is a bit high.
Manual adjustment can easily be done. Open the frunk. On both sides are the inspection holes covered with plugs. Unplug and adjust.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not for me yet - I’ve been demoted to the slow lane.

toscal353 is on Wednesday - looking forward to his account of it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Developments this morning - I’ve just had the Polestar email offering a delivery date.

The only snag is that this is 17 September - next Thursday - right in the middle of the holiday I told Edward from Polestar about last week.

Just seeing if they’ll deliver instead to the hotel - a long shot I know.

(just reposted into the more relevant thread)

·
Registered
11 Posts
The beams of the head lights need to be checked before handover. The beam is a bit high.
Manual adjustment can easily be done. Open the frunk. On both sides are the inspection holes covered with plugs. Unplug and adjust.
Any directions ,or is it just adjust and hope ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Themis...docked today!
Excellent news – sounds like they are slickening up the operation after the early glitches.

Speaking of which, although customer services are replying to me they unfortunately keep offering me delivery dates when they know I’m on holiday. Sadly they will only deliver to a home or work address so unless I can quickly invent a job in Weymouth I suspect I’m looking at October!

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Excellent news – sounds like they are slickening up the operation after the early glitches.

Speaking of which, although customer services are replying to me they unfortunately keep offering me delivery dates when they know I’m on holiday. Sadly they will only deliver to a home or work address so unless I can quickly invent a job in Weymouth I suspect I’m looking at October!
Ask the hotel restaurant to give you a dollar for bringing your own dirty plates back to the kitchen. Congratulations! You're now an employee (and food management professional).

1 - 20 of 48 Posts