Polestar Forum banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Speakers have wattage ratings - so you can buy a sub that handles 1000W but power it with only 700W. I suspect the 600W rating is the amp they're using. The speaker wattages are the handling of each speaker.

My intention with the sound system is grab my UMIK-1 microphone (calibrated mic) and measure the system's response curve. From that, it should be easier to change the EQ to aim for something of a flatter response.
It will be interesting. But if they’ve truly used Dirac when setting this up I think I’ll be tempted to keep it flat and just give it sufficient power.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
My intention with the sound system is grab my UMIK-1 microphone (calibrated mic) and measure the system's response curve. From that, it should be easier to change the EQ to aim for something of a flatter response.
Already done it - and there's not much you can do because there's a very dynamic loudness curve at play.

You can get it just right at one volume setting, then it shifts all over the place when you adjust the volume.

My EQ settings replicate the 'house curve' I have in my main room when I have the volume at approx 75% which is my normal listening level at motorway speeds.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
My EQ settings replicate the 'house curve' I have in my main room when I have the volume at approx 75% which is my normal listening level at motorway speeds.
75%???
I can barely handle the loudness at 50% on my system on usual roadways.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
2,185 Posts
I updated my settings as per @stevelup 's latest orders. I was a bit blah at 30-40% volume. However on a late night rural drive I cranked Glowing in the Dark by Django Django up to 100% and the sound remained crisp with no distortion. Lovely mobile disco fun.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts