Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July 21 vin 26xxx
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would not work,

I assume you can have a polestar id login and use the app (whenever that may work)

no hey google?
no saved locations in google maps?

or does the system just not work?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car arrives tomorrow just seeing if I can avoid creating a google account

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah so that would be the killer as I assume that Spotify etc will need to be downloaded from the appstore

not sure what apps will be installed by default

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
Spotify, YT, Radio, Maps, BT-Player and some other essentials are there by default, IIRC. ABRP, Video-Player and of course Space Invaders need to be installed from the app store, the last one probably being the killer ;)

I would just set a random account not connected to any other devices. You should be at least as safe as without an account. My bet is Google tracks the car anyway, with or without an account.

·
Registered
764 Posts
How can any adult in the developed world these days NOT have a Google account?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Deleted account years ago when I deleted FB, Insta, what’s app, Twitter, switched all devices to reject cookies and use duck duck go.

·
Super Moderator
1,360 Posts
In that case you'll be fine with a completely anonymous google account set up with fake details - it's not going to do you any harm. Just do the setup in a private browser window behind a VPN.

Honestly, it'll be a pain using the car properly without one and I really cannot see any possible privacy issues if you use an account dedicated to this one purpose.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In that case you'll be fine with a completely anonymous google account set up with fake details - it's not going to do you any harm. Just do the setup in a private browser window behind a VPN.

Honestly, it'll be a pain using the car properly without one and I really cannot see any possible privacy issues if you use an account dedicated to this one purpose.
Yeah I may have to go this way.

Although it is amazing how they are able to connect accounts, I have a number of accounts in VMs that identify as different world locations...you know for reasons. And I have had activity of these affect ad streams in my personal accounts.

Likely to be errors in use or setup but .... also likely that Google are using tech to connect machines and VMs in similar ways that some vBot net loaders identify forensic investigation.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I just hope I'm too boring for anybody to bother paying attention.

Reactions: Snood

·
Registered
Midnight PP leather tow
15 Posts

I tried that. Google refused to allow me to create an account without linking it to a phone number.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hmm... can you link it to a Google Voice number?

·
Registered
840 Posts
And I'm fairly sure 70+% of the forum members who have caught up on this thread now have Tommy Tutone on the brain. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts