Polestar Forum banner
321 - 340 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I saw two in the past week or so...

A black one honked at me as I was doing a u-turn in Washington Twp NJ (Bergen County). We both smiled and waved. Weirdly exciting!

I saw a white one parked on the main street in Great Barrington MA on Friday night. I think it had NY plates.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Did a 700 km tour through Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany running errands yesterday. A thunder passed me in Germany, a bit later a thunder came the other way (the same?). Then yet another thunder (popular colour) was charging in the Netherlands. Had a nice chat with a very happy owner.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Finally spotted one at my vet's office of all places! I know it wasn't @ChiMatt since his is Void and I know it's not @ATK since they just ordered. Looked like a woman driving but she had already gone inside when I parked and was gone when I was leaving.
20210717_124629.jpg

·
Registered
2021 2
2,588 Posts
Finally spotted one at my vet's office of all places! I know it wasn't @ChiMatt since his is Void and I know it's not @ATK since they just ordered. Looked like a woman driving but she had already gone inside when I parked and was gone when I was leaving. View attachment 6637
whomever they are, they have excellent taste

·
Registered
P*2 9xxx, Dec sw, Midnight, 20",No PP
45 Posts
Seem to be more and more around now - first time yesterday I pulled out behind another midnight and we had a P2 convoy for a few minutes before I pulled off. Was fun to get an idea of what my rear end looks like! I don't know if they were unused to the car (21 plates) but the brake lights were coming on quite frequently :).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally saw a Magnesium one driving the opposite way in our smallish college town. Glad to see another one in my neck of the state, but a little sad I'm not the unique one anymore 😝

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,878 Posts
White or Magnesium Polestar 2 at Compton Verney Art Gallery at this moment... say hello to my wife who's in our Midnight Polestar 2 today! Also nice to bump into @Haf outside Sainsbury's last night :).

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
I see British @dave 's back from his life-swap with all-American Dave. Not sure whether to be happy or sad :)
He was looking as sharp as ever, though most probably "casual" by his standards. (y) :cool:

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
... and followed a Void 21 plate through Warwick this morning... seems they're in increasing numbers in Middle England!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Back in France for a few weeks. No, none to be found 😎

·
Registered
2021 2, DM, Midnight, Non-PP, 20",Tow, Barley
37 Posts
Seem to be more and more around now - first time yesterday I pulled out behind another midnight and we had a P2 convoy for a few minutes before I pulled off. Was fun to get an idea of what my rear end looks like! I don't know if they were unused to the car (21 plates) but the brake lights were coming on quite frequently :).
That wasn't southbound on the M1 in Yorkshire was it on Saturday morning, with you turning into Woodall Services? Your description with the braking could well be me as I was not having much joy with the adaptive cruise. Biggest problem was setting the speed to anything but the 5mph increments. Trying to nudge it up or down by 1mph at a time resulted in me putting 15mph on instead. Think I have it sorted now (press and hold?) but I wish there was a paper manual I could have read through when it arrived (I know about the pdfs etc. but really!). I was on my way to Silverstone for the weekend, first longish run requiring recharging. The car arrived on the 6th July so still finding my way around but delighted and amazed by the quality and performance.
All in all the Silverstone weekend was a great success I used the 125kW Instavolt facility at Banbury twice for quick top ups which was excellent (if expensive). Left it charging overnight in a Leamington Spa multi-storey near the hotel at a 7kW BP Pulse unit at what I thought was a very reasonable 18p/kWh (first time using the charging cable). Then a final top up at Moto Rugby (Gridserve) just off the M6 which appeared to have opened very recently and had 12(!) 350kW chargers next to the Tesla Superchargers. Suffice to say by the time we had a quick bite and drink it had it almost fully charged. It also gave me the chance to try out the pixel LEDs on reactive main beam. I have driven with reactive LEDs (not pixel) on my last Merc but these are something else! I have to say I drove past a couple of large, mainly white, reflective road signs which were actually quite dazzling due to the light coming back. Shame the system isn't clever enough to reduce the light falling on such reflective surfaces, but otherwise are amazing.
Rightly or wrongly I now have no fear of charging in the wild. ABRP was good for the route planning but, probably my fault, was somewhat clunky with a multiple stop multi-day plan. Thanks for all the info gleaned on here, as an EV newbie, I think it all worked out pretty well. I got abuse from a (are they all white?) Tesla model 3 driver (he left a gap in the queue leaving Silverstone which was soon filled with a Polestar 2) but I take that as a badge of honour. Even the PAK worked fine and 22C was bliss to get into at the weekend in what would otherwise have been an oven. Oh and the F1 was quite interesting too!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #339 ·
I too was down for the Silverstone F1 weekend and despite touring a fair bit cross country (close on to 1,000 miles all in), I only saw one other Polestar. A Void pulled in to the Leeds Extra Service's Ionity charging station as we were leaving - already running late for dinner near Durham so only had time for a brief "how are you finding it?", "great drive"....
And on this trip I found a huge advantage of Ionity - it may be expensive, but finally my wife appreciates that charging is not time consuming or hassle. We did not even finish our coffee at Alnwick's new services when the app showed 90% charged (from 20%). We used the Instavolt at Stroud Park too. One thing all these high speed charging stations had in common - they were in the middle of nowhere!

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
Remember that with your PlugSurfing card that came with the car, Ionity is now only 30p/kWh, so cheaper than InstaVolt, BP, Geniepoint,...

321 - 340 of 360 Posts