Polestar Forum banner
341 - 360 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
2021 2, DM, Midnight, Non-PP, 20",Tow, Barley
37 Posts
Remember that with your PlugSurfing card that came with the car, Ionity is now only 30p/kWh, so cheaper than InstaVolt, BP, Geniepoint,...
Thanks rg I did look this up but not on my route unfortunately. Gridserve at Rugby Services was only 30p/kWh hour though using contactless on the credit card.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
Remember that with your PlugSurfing card that came with the car, Ionity is now only 30p/kWh, so cheaper than InstaVolt, BP, Geniepoint,...
Yep, added advantage. Just a pity there are so few of them in my part of the country....

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July 21 vin 26xxx
495 Posts
Yep, added advantage. Just a pity there are so few of them in my part of the country....
but aren't you in Scotland, here where we still get free fast chargers (at least the one at the end of my road is still)
don't get better pricing than that

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
but aren't you in Scotland, here where we still get free fast chargers (at least the one at the end of my road is still)
don't get better pricing than that
Quite right. I had that extra benefit for the first few months of ownership and it was a great introduction to EV ownership. Certainly free charging is still in existence in many council areas in Scotland, but locally that is not the case. I passed Falkirk Stadium today and the many charging bays were completely empty - not the case prior to the charging changes. My main point about the Ionity was on a cross country journey, the speed of charging was a huge benefit. I actually planned the routes to maximise their use. I did the same trip last October, just after getting my Polestar - and new to EV - but this trip spent only 20 - 30 % of the time charging compared with that trip. "Domestically", it was a real plus. Time over cost.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,868 Posts
After some manoeuvres, I happened to find myself behind a void this morning on my way to work. Not sure if it was forum member @Musketeer as I was on his patch, although I doubt it as this car was pretty dirty & unfortunately cursed with rear bumper damage. I think the reg had a G and a Z in it. Stilll looking cool though!

·
Registered
534 Posts
After some manoeuvres, I happened to find myself behind a void this morning on my way to work. Not sure if it was forum member @Musketeer as I was on his patch, although I doubt it as this car was pretty dirty & unfortunately cursed with rear bumper damage. I think the reg had a G and a Z in it. Stilll looking cool though!
View attachment 6696
Glad to see I'm not the only one sporting a bit of rear bumper damage!

·
Registered
262 Posts
View attachment 6696
Not me Dave. Was still in bed at that time this morning!! Plus mine as you speculated is still clean i think (but due a wash when weather breaks). Did see a snow one yesterday afternoon carrying an OY21 plate on my too regular commute to New Cross but did not get any reaction to the quick flash of the headlights i managed before it vanished in my rear view mirror.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,868 Posts
Not me Dave. Was still in bed at that time this morning!! Plus mine as you speculated is still clean i think (but due a wash when weather breaks). Did see a snow one yesterday afternoon carrying an OY21 plate on my too regular commute to New Cross but did not get any reaction to the quick flash of the headlights i managed before it vanished in my rear view mirror.
Best wishes to your missus.
I used the
as you suggested. Good stuff- lovely shine & paintwork so smooth to the touch. Not sure I can be bothered to use it every wash like you though!
Glad your bumper is pristine.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Seen far too many pictures of Polestar's with bird [email protected]@@ damage Dave (especially void) and so far my paintwork survived our feather friends attempts to disfigure it so going to rightly or wrongly give that stuff the credit. Neighbours used that stuff the other week and was hilarious watching them literally caressing their cars after due to that smooth finish!!

·
Premium Member
Snow Performance Napa Hitch
123 Posts
I just saw one pulled over to the side of the road here in Pasadena. No picture, sorry.

I honked, so if you're here in the forum and heard that...

View attachment 6708
Why does this feel like a "missed connections" Craigslist post (or Classifieds section ad)?

You: Dark colored Polestar 2 pulled over by the side of the road around lunch time on Thursday
Me: Snow Polestar 2 heading west. I honked and thought we had a moment...

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
125 Posts
Spotted a brother void about 9.30am this morning in Alton Hampshire as we both crossed over Papermill Lane/Wilson Road, me out of Mill Lane into Ashdell Road (by Kings Pond), him Ashdell Road into Mill Lane. I eyeballed the driver but he was looking where he was going and so probably missed me.

Are you on here?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Waved a peace sign to a midnight I passed near Japantown in San Francisco today - anyone I know from here?

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July 21 vin 26xxx
495 Posts
Saw a Void on M77 yesterday going into Glasgow. NO response to my frantic attempts to get attention.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Revenge of the EV!

Spotted at Esso Garage, A41/A49 Whitchurch this evening while I was in the McD's drive-thru queue.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
Saw a Void on M77 yesterday going into Glasgow. NO response to my frantic attempts to get attention.
Saw a Void on the Dumbarton Road near Clydebank on Wednesday afternoon too. Unfortunately I was in the passenger seat of my wife's Mazda so my reaction was probably lost on the driver!
There may be a Void owner or owners in the Glasgow area who is / are wondering about the strange reaction their car seems to get from strangers :unsure:

Reactions: pbrady999

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 / Snow / Barley Nappa / Performance Pack / Trunk Mat / Towbar
64 Posts
I pulled into a usual spot to charge and low and behold a Midnight P2 on the charger next to me. I was so excited to see another one as I have only seen one other. This is amazing as I live in LA and you will usually see everything of every make. Loving the exclusivity for now. As for the chap in the Midnight next to me? I tried to engage but he wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with me. I will chalk it up to LA. I was bummed I could not compare notes and commiserate on our great taste.

341 - 360 of 360 Posts