Polestar Forum banner
501 - 520 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
MY21, Midnight PP Nappa
98 Posts
I am up close and personal finally with my first since I got mine here in San Dimas (so calif). At an EA charging station.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Pulled in and was so excited! Waved as I drove by to pull into my stall and... Nothing. Straight up ignored me. Was on a phone call so I thought maybe too involved, so sitting here charging he gets out of the car and walks off didn't even look over here.

Is this one of those Tesla loaners? Went with a performance pack did they? Gawd what a let down.

I've talked to id4 owner, mach e owner, audi gt owner, all great until this guy. 😭

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
It's starting to feel like Norway around here.
We had a constellation of Polestars at the Panoche Rd Electrify America - presumably taking advantage of free EA charging offered for all while traveling over the winter holiday.
Think I saw and waved 'hi' to the Snow (?) Performance car folks at the Countryside Market EA station right before this. Hi if either of you are on the forum!

btw - post 1.7/1.8 the DC charging behavior has been great. Getting 140-150kW consistently off the bat and now our rest stops are not limited in time by the charging but more how long it takes for us to get food, use the toilet, etc. Between the solid >200mi highway range of the car (even in today's atmospheric river!) and the charging updates, road trips aren't a problem at all! (assuming 150kW+ chargers are available...)

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
For the first time in the two months since I got my Polestar (Thunder), I saw another Polestar 2 today (Magnesium, I think). It was at the intersection of Blythwood and Yonge (Toronto). Nice to feel that I'm not alone. But also nice to still be unusual! Right around the corner, there were 3 Teslas (a Model S, X and 3), not to mention the scores of usually white Teslas I saw as I was driving around town.

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
235 Posts
Yesterday I was driving down Easton Lane, Winnal, Winchester at about 3.15pm. There was a midnight or thunder coming out of side street, possibly Wickes, as I came by from their right, from Tesco's. Gave a wave, got a smile and I think a wave from the passenger.

This afternoon, about 3-4pm, counter clockwise on M25, around the A30 junction, was passed by a snow two to three lanes out from me (I was in lane 1 or 2), I think they slowed as they passed, they had been coming by at a fair lick. The passenger looked back with a big smile and a wave. I was caught off guard as I wasn't expecting a wave, I did manage one back and a bit of a smile.

No idea if either of you are on here - hello if you are.

·
Registered
P2 MY22 SM SR Pilot Plus Thunder
77 Posts
I saw my first P* on the road in October and after that was seeing one every 3 weeks or so (maybe the same ones). When I took delivery in early December the Space man said they had been delivering 3-4 a week in their patch!

Now I see maybe one a week on the road. I love the distinctive tail lights, when a P* brakes somewhere down the road in front of you it really stands out - not bad for such a subtle, understated car.
so maybe not quite as rare as we were, but definitely still very special!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yes, a black one in Harrogate yesterday
Are you local to Harrogate as there are quite a few around here?
I have seen a Void one and a few Thunders and a Snow in my village. I also got a wave from one in Wetherby.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Over a year of ownership and I've never seen another one in the flesh...and just today my son was leaving our home and a small corp HQ located not a mile from my house had a Thunder pull out right in front of him and get on the interstate just a bit further down. From the photos he quick snapped it looked like a MY22 with 19" wheels. Couldn't tell if it had any packs. It had driveout tags and a Polestar Austin license plate holder.

AOC HQ in Piperton, TN if it was anyone here. I'm keeping my eye out to see if I can see it myself. Excited!!!

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
685 Posts
Over a year of ownership and I've never seen another one in the flesh...and just today my son was leaving our home and a small corp HQ located not a mile from my house had a Thunder pull out right in front of him and get on the interstate just a bit further down. From the photos he quick snapped it looked like a MY22 with 19" wheels. Couldn't tell if it had any packs. It had driveout tags and a Polestar Austin license plate holder.

AOC HQ in Piperton, TN if it was anyone here. I'm keeping my eye out to see if I can see it myself. Excited!!!
Come visit the Netherlands and you'll see them everywhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yesterday I was driving down Easton Lane, Winnal, Winchester at about 3.15pm. There was a midnight or thunder coming out of side street, possibly Wickes, as I came by from their right, from Tesco's. Gave a wave, got a smile and I think a wave from the passenger.
Winchester seems to have a few and increasing. I've spotted dark coloured ones in Alresford and pulling into Hyde. I also spotted a magnesium in a Teg Down driveway yesterday. Mine is magnesium as well so you may spot me or it might be the other one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i've never seen one on the road. I actually don't even have an EV yet but am deciding on which to get. I live in the DC suburbs where Teslas are a dime a dozen. Seriously, I see 10 to 15 everyday on my way home from work in downtown DC but have never seen a Polestar. I've seen two Mach E's in the past month or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Northern Virginia and have also never seen one on the road. I have owned mine for just over a year. In comparison, I've seen about 5 Taycan's, 4 ID.4's and 10 Mach E's. I did however visit the new Rockville service center last month and saw 3 Polestars on the lot.

·
Registered
2022 P2, Snow, Plus Pack, Charcoal
81 Posts
Seeing a fair few in bristol now. Magnesium, void, midnights. Where are you all?! Clifton downs, redcliffe roundabouts etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Saw my first thunder yesterday driving through town. Gave the obligatory wave. Pretty nice colour I must say. If I wasn't emotionally scarred from years of my 20s being teased for owning a "beige" Civic I might've bought one

501 - 520 of 528 Posts