Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

Registered
My wife used to own an old Beetle, and so she thinks that there should be some camaraderie between PS2 drivers like she used to have.

I live in South London and I have yet to see another PS2. However we did see one in October, before we got ours the following month.

So back to the camaraderie point... what's the signal!?

Registered
I haven't seen any others in the Washington, DC area so far. I expect them to start popping up, especially when the open a Polestar Space in DC (which I assume will happen someday).

Reactions: ProfessorCook

Registered
Doubt I鈥檒l see a PS2 for a long time. Random i3 here or there, a few Tesla Models (of all stripes), and recently some Taycans but I鈥檝e never seen in person in my town:

iPace
eTron (regular or Sportback)
(even) Chevy Bolt
Kona EV (not sold outside California)
PS1
Hyundai ionic EV
Ford machE
Mini Cooper SE
Volvo XC40 P8 Recharge

Of course, never saw the Polestar2 until it showed up on the truck.

Registered
Doubt I鈥檒l see a PS2 for a long time. Random i3 here or there, a few Tesla Models (of all stripes), and recently some Taycans but I鈥檝e never seen in person in my town:

iPace
eTron (regular or Sportback)
(even) Chevy Bolt
Kona EV (not sold outside California)
PS1
Hyundai ionic EV
Ford machE
Mini Cooper SE
Volvo XC40 P8 Recharge

Of course, never saw the Polestar2 until it showed up on the truck.
I've seen and not seen pretty much the same (there are Bolts here). I haven't been to any of the public charging stations yet though - I imagine those could be like watering holes for unique creatures...
I have high hopes when I go to Centennial Campus at NC State University - that's where I saw my first Lotus years ago.

Registered
I met one today, and I see the around every now and them. I don't have mine yet, so it doesn't really count in this discussion.
This is Norway, so they have sold quite a few of them here. About 60% of new cars in Norway are electric cars. It's kind of weird, we are probably one of the worst suited countries for electric cars.

Registered
I met one today, and I see the around every now and them. I don't have mine yet, so it doesn't really count in this discussion.
This is Norway, so they have sold quite a few of them here. About 60% of new cars in Norway are electric cars. It's kind of weird, we are probably one of the worst suited countries for electric cars.
The cold is a challenge for EV's for sure but how many people in Norway commute 1000km a week?

Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
All this talk about acknowledging other P2 drivers and having chats in car parks. It takes me back to my motorbike riding days. Nodding at passing bikes, chatting about bikes with strangers in cafe car parks. All your worldly worries and stresses melt away in those few hours. Also, such a great leveller doesn't matter what you do or who you are, everyone has the same interest.
I bought the car for the car's sake but as a bonus, I feel like I've become a member of an enjoyable club.

Registered
I still drive a motorcycle, and we still greet other bikers and strike up a conversation when we stop. You have a problem, just wave down the first bike that comes along.

Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
I still drive a motorcycle, and we still greet other bikers and strike up a conversation when we stop. You have a problem, just wave down the first bike that comes along.
I wish I still rode bikes. I will again someday. I turned into that guy I could never understand in my 20s, who had loved bikes with passion but had given them up for work, kids etc. Then only to rediscover bikes in their 50s 60s when money and time are on their side. I can't wait to be a born again rider. For now, the P2 is my 4 wheel bike and boy what a substitute.

Registered
Midnight Charcoal 20鈥 nonPP waiting for delivery date
I have finally seen a Thunder Polestar 2 in the flesh - at Central Retail Park in Falkirk this afternoon. I was,, however, at the time only a passenger in a Mazda CX5 so could only offer a stupid grin and point!
That鈥檚 too far for me during lockdown but so close 馃檨

Registered
Amazing what you find at chargers!
Both the same spec and begin with OY70! Guaranteed to fool people in the area as we both live nearby but hadn't seen each other's cars in the previous 3 months. Mine is on the left.
Nice bloke and had a long chat.

Polestar 2 xa.jpg

Registered
So back to the camaraderie point... what's the signal!?
It has been nice reading the last few postings.
Years ago I had an RX-8 and due to the free track day that was included with it, it became a habit to flash headlights when you saw another RX . . . similarly in my biking days, you always raised a hand to another bike. Camaraderie is always good.

All I hope, is that during all of these car park chats that are taking place . . you are recommending this forum to them 馃憤
After all, we are all here to help each other.

PS I'm still waiting to see another on the road, seeing one at the dealers for a recall doesn't really count!

Registered
I am a biker too. GS Adventure in the garage. I am jealous of you lot who ride on the right hand side of the road. The wave you do is more like high fiving. We can't do that in the uk because we would have to take our hand off the throttle and that would slow us down!

41 - 60 of 66 Posts