Polestar Forum banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Darn it, the wife has the P2 but I just passed my first one. If you were in San Francisco on San Jose Ave around 6:30pm driving a midnight P2, I was the crazy guy doing this 🤙in the windshield of the Discovery Sport and acting like a fool :love:

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
78 Posts
Just had my illusions shattered.
Having never come across another P2 driver in the flesh my opinion is formed by these forums. Everyone is friendly, proud of their machines and happy to see others.
I'd only ever seen another P2 parked or at a set of lights as I drove through.. until this morning.

Driving on an otherwise dull commute to work, I spot a Void up ahead. I get a bit excited and wanting to greet a fellow P2 driver I pull up behind and give the guy a flash.. nothing. I pull alongside him on the dual carriageway expecting to exchange a friendly smile and a curt wave.... nothing. What felt like a mile of side by side driving not a single glance sideways just a steely stare forward. Either this guy takes no notice of what's going on around him or he purposefully avoided the smile and wave.

I don't think I come across as looking like I'd murder you in your bed but maybe this morning I did.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just had my illusions shattered.
Having never come across another P2 driver in the flesh my opinion is formed by these forums. Everyone is friendly, proud of their machines and happy to see others.
I'd only ever seen another P2 parked or at a set of lights as I drove through.. until this morning.

Driving on an otherwise dull commute to work, I spot a Void up ahead. I get a bit excited and wanting to greet a fellow P2 driver I pull up behind and give the guy a flash.. nothing. I pull alongside him on the dual carriageway expecting to exchange a friendly smile and a curt wave.... nothing. What felt like a mile of side by side driving not a single glance sideways just a steely stare forward. Either this guy takes no notice of what's going on around him or he purposefully avoided the smile and wave.

I don't think I come across as looking like I'd murder you in your bed but maybe this morning I did.
Wasnt on the M4/A4 into London was it? 7AM? I drive a void and saw another void this morning and tried peering over to the driver as I passed, but no interest.

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
78 Posts
On the A1058 (Coast Road) Newcastle upon Tyne.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
I saw a Midnight on the A3400 / Waitrose roundabout coming out of Stratford (upon Avon) this morning, I've seen a couple around Warwick / Leamington who have waved in passing.
On another day and time that could have been us, but yesterday the Polestar stayed at home as the wife took the Zoe. She did say she saw another Midnight Polestar just south of Warwick so it could have been the same one!
@PoleSpa I've seen a Thunder going round our way a few times and got a wave the other day just on the outskirts of Warwick... was that you?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not got mine yet, due Spetember, but spotted my first Polestar this afternoon, on the A801 North of Bathgate, they look better in real life than on paper!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Not got mine yet, due September, but spotted my first Polestar this afternoon, on the A801 North of Bathgate, they look better in real life than on paper!
There must be a Midnight, a Thunder and a couple of Magnesium's in this general area - will be looking out a new one in the autumn....what flavour should we look out for??

·
Registered
Thunder, non PP, towbar
74 Posts
Finally, after 7 months of ownership and 2000 miles I spotted another in either Snow or Magnesium driving in the opposite direction up Church Hill in Camberley. I waved but no response from the other driver.

Although this is the second time seeing another Polestar I didn't count the first because it was spotted in a supermarket car park on the rare occasion I'd borrowed my wife's car.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Thunder Performance Pack
38 Posts
Stunning void P2 snuck up behind me then turned into the Horse and Jockey pub north of Portsdown hill. Brightened up my shopping trip 👋👋

·
Registered
420 Posts
Saw a Thunder non-PP parked on the street in Market Harborough today. First in the wild sighting while not charging or at an EV event.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If only I could remember my registration number!
Didn't see the owner when I parked and he/she was gone when I returned. Same spec as mine but a little grubbier.
I have seen 3 other Thunders and 1 Snow round here.
A young chap came up to me as I parked at M & S yesterday and asked me if there was a Polestar event going on in the area as he reckoned he had seen "hundreds"!

20210422_112925_resized.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
On another day and time that could have been us, but yesterday the Polestar stayed at home as the wife took the Zoe. She did say she saw another Midnight Polestar just south of Warwick so it could have been the same one!
@PoleSpa I've seen a Thunder going round our way a few times and got a wave the other day just on the outskirts of Warwick... was that you?
The Midnight, just south of Warwick could well have been me. I see that Thunder too, coming out of Warwick towards Stratford. I got home yesterday and there was someone pulling away from outside our house in Leamington in a 21 plate Void. They wouldn't have noticed me though as I was driving my wife's Fiat 500. They're becoming very common in Warwickshire!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Blimey, they're everywhere now! I just parked at Screwfix in Leamington right next to a Void with PP, strangely though it was a RHD on Swedish number plates🤔

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,562 Posts
I got home yesterday and there was someone pulling away from outside our house in Leamington in a 21 plate Void. They wouldn't have noticed me though as I was driving my wife's Fiat 500. They're becoming very common in Warwickshire!
Were you early? Did your wife seem flustered when you got home?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
Blimey, they're everywhere now! I just parked at Screwfix in Leamington right next to a Void with PP, strangely though it was a RHD on Swedish number plates🤔
Interesting... Polestar UK are actually based in Coventry (their technical development section) so we're quite likely to see the occasional test car around as they ramp up the software and electronics development there. Who will see the first Precept :)

161 - 180 of 205 Posts