Polestar Forum banner

Has anyone seen another Polestar 2 whilst driving yours?

98K views 916 replies 267 participants last post by  Tacoenthusiast 
#1 ·
Out of 595 miles in total since 5th October delivery, I am 441 miles into a round trip from Central Scotland to Oxfordshire and sightseeing down here. I am an EV newbie and therefore mainly drove like I always did. The charge did not last as well as I had been led to believe (but in all honesty I was NOT driving to save charge - in ANY way!). We therefore had a few stops and lots of Motorway cruising. I am getting good at spotting other EVs and also "potential rubber neckers" (dangerous on the M6!).

I am seeing what people mean about the poor reliability of a particular charger network at the service stops and how easy Tesla drivers find it to plug and play...if only they can find an empty station! Boy are they "common" cars at the the motorway services. Anyone remember "Mondeo Man".

Which brings me to the point - not one Polestar 2 has been seen. Not many around generally which is hardly surprising being such a recent launch. But what do I do if I DO see a Polestar 2 in the flesh? Flash the dazzling headlights, wave enthusiastically at the other driver who is also probably grinning at their own driving pleasure, doff my cap (oops, I'm not driving a Jaguar!), etc??

The trip down took me longer than "normal" (in an ICE - I'm even getting the acronyms!), cost me more than I expected (Main mistake was to follow Miss Google's advice to the nearest charging point, not realising it was to a north bound service station; until almost too late. To avoid a 14 mile northbound U turn, we dived into a nearby Holiday Inn which Miss Google offered up as an apology. Charger there was great, but the "extra" lunch was expensive and poor!)

So back to the trip, in the hotel car park last night near my Magnesium Polestar 2, was a silver Jaguar I Pace which DID look silver (alongside a couple of its cousins in primary colours) and a Telsa Y (I think Model Y - it was parked like a tank which planned to blockade the hotel entrance). We're moving in higher EV circles now.....but still not another Polestar..

For those that will be able to tell me how badly I'm driving, the stats are 35.3 kWh/100 miles over 7.42 hours and average speed of 59mph. This included a trip to Silverstone and back- the only reason to come was to use the hotel booking for the F1 Grand Prix in July, but at least now I have a wonderful excuse to enjoy EV driving too. Sorry, today was 59 miles, 32.4 kWh/100 and 42 mph average. Any good or bad?

Anyway, the most relaxed driving I and my wife have had, no aches and pains, easy through hail, rain and shine, nightime and Friday rush hour on the M6 (back to rubber neckers).

In short, despite the recall worries- booked in for next week - I am looking forward to seeing another on the roads and hope that they all haven't been returned to sender due to poor customerservice; and that I have as good a trip back home (hope we are let in with all the Covid restrictions and I haven't jinxed things by being so optimistic! So unlike me...)

No photos to add, my wife is feed up of them being taken while "sightseeing "

Enjoy!

See less See more
#73 ·
I have seen a Void in Scotland and a Thunder charging locally.
No doubt they will surface more after lockdown eased and more people get them.
At least I know if I am down in Dave's area in the future and I see another Thunder whose driver does a 2 fingered salute it will be Dave who is so happy to see another! ;)

#77 ·
I really would like to see someone else on the road, but so far limited to seeing one parked at a charging location just once. I have noticed a lot more cars that I pass seem to speed up and drive behind me and on the sides, presumably to check out the car but it's getting weird. I feel the paparazzi effect has increased lately.

#91 · (Edited)
I waved to the second PS I saw during a leisure walk in the neighborhood this weekend. The 4 girls :oops: (most likely more than one household) in it seemed to enjoy it.

The line of thought was funny, though: First I recognized the 'E' at the end of the license plate, then 'Thors Hammer', then the model - a PS2, finally the color - Thunder. Quick check back to the license plate - is this my car? No. Phew. Pointed it out to Ms. R. and waved. All this happened within less than a second ;)

#86 ·
Was quite excited this AM en route to work - at a red light pulled up to a Snow w PP in the other lane. Rolled down window, complimented them on their car..... then found out it was Polestar staffer driving a demo car back to the local service point after taking it out for a spin.

That kinda counts yeah?

#94 ·
The space manager said he's delivered a bunch to my area, and I know there are a few people on the board from my neck of the woods, but haven't seen one yet.

When we open back up and I'm commuting again I imagine I'll see a few by my office.

#95 ·
I’ve not seen any on the road yet, but saw a Thunder parked on someone’s drive in leafy South Manchester at the weekend.
A bit disappointed- up until that point I had been able to pretend that when mine arrives I’ll have the first one anywhere! Sure you all post “photos” - but until seeing one IRL I could dream!! :-D

#100 ·
Finally, after 45 days I have seem my first polestar in the real world. Two P2s at the Bp Pulse fast chargers at the Didcot turn off the A34, both taking advantage of Polestars generosity!
I charged 18% to 80% in 45 minutes. At one stage the charge received was just over 290 miles per hour. Prior to the latest OTA The highest was 242 miles per hour.

#103 ·
I just (10am, 19th March) spotted a dark (void? midnight?) Polestar 2 near the Buncefield oil storage depot near Hemel Hempstead, famous for the 2005 explosions and fire.

If you're on this forum, I'm the idiot that honked in excitement, apologies :)

Just the third I see in the wild (1st was a snow parked at Costco, 2nd a snow or magnesium at the roundabout off M1 junction 7 a few months ago.

#105 ·

Yes, first time :)

Pop Quiz: what happened 2 seconds after taking this picture?
A) the cyclist got hit by the Midnight P*2
B) the cyclist crossed the road behind the P*2, since the driver was testing the phenomenal acceleration
C) the driver and myself got out and posed for the cyclist because the cyclist wanted a selfie with TWO P*2s
D) nothing. What you see here is an embedded live stream. We're all still there. I'm writing this post behind the wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.