Polestar Forum banner

Has Your Polestar 2 Had These Problems?

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  PolestarMG 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone - just took delivery of my Polestar 2 a couple weeks ago and it's been a bit of a disaster.
Support & the dealer haven't really fixed my top issue and I'd love to get some advice from other owners before figuring out what to do next.

1. Map in gauge cluster flickers/errors regularly - tried TCAM resetting, screen resetting, power off vehicle, updating
YouTube Link

Hoping one of you or Polestar can help me with that huge issue. It's extremely distracting; had to use the non-map screen while driving.
Some of the other (smaller) issues with my P2 -

2. Digital Key worked for 12 hours and then never again.
3. App no longer connects for locking/preheating.

Both of these worked briefly while on software 1.8 but I can't get them back no matter how much resetting I try. Found some other forum posts on here and followed troubleshooting, but no luck.

4. Pilot Assist steering doesn't engage occasionally. I've used it for years on Volvo and I'm familiar with the system. Occasionally it doesn't feel like steering on a dead straight interstate, well marked with lines, at 65mph. I've experienced this multiple times and wonder if anyone else has a reluctant Pilot Assist?

5. Two whole days, the vehicle's audio system has stopped functioning. No app sound / bluetooth music / blinker sound / etc.

6. the 3 blinks from the blinker when shortpressing the stalk stopped functioning for an entire day, but resumed again.

7. One napa leather seat came with a strong crease from the factory and I haven't been able to get it out. (Should I get it replaced? It seems like a stupid issue, but I did just pay $4K for seats. It'd be nice if they were flawless.)

Any help or advice on how to proceed with some of these would be great :) I don't anticipate all of them being resolved, but whatever I can get.
Thank you so much

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow that’s a lot of issues. I would definitely have the space address all of them. Some things I’ve seen suggested elsewhere in the forum for some of the electronics:

- are you on 1.8 or 1.8.1? If this was updated at the space, you should be on 1.8.1

- did you check your android automotive apps to make sure they were the latest versions? Google did update maps to address some of the flickering you mention.

- have you tried completely disconnecting the app from the car and then removing the app completely from your phone, resetting your profile (create new profile, make it admin, delete old profile) and trying to reconnect again?

- have you tried a complete factory reset of the TCAM?

The leather you should totally replace. It’s 4K - it should be cradling your ass like a velvet glove and look perfect doing it. Never feel bad about making the dealer live up to the marketing.

#5 ·
did you check your android automotive apps to make sure they were the latest versions? Google did update maps to address some of the flickering you mention.
This is a different issue than the tiles not loading. Mine had the tile issues but had the flickering issues before the tile issue started and still after it was fixed. It's not nearly as persistent of an issue as the tile issue.

As for the app problems, I think everyone has them. No idea if they are on the cloud side or the car side. It works flawlessly sometimes and other times won't connect for 10 minutes.

#7 · (Edited)
7. One napa leather seat came with a strong crease from the factory and I haven't been able to get it out. (Should I get it replaced? It seems like a stupid issue, but I did just pay $4K for seats. It'd be nice if they were flawless.)
I had this and had it replaced. The crease promptly reappeared, and the upholstery sections weren’t reassembled as well as it had come from the factory, to boot. Others have also reported the crease, suggesting something to do with the fundamental seat construction. Personally I’d say it’s not worth messing with, because the issue won’t be resolved and you run the risk of having other things screwed up that are currently fine.

Edit: Oh and welcome to being a Polestar owner.

#12 ·
Thank you for the advice. I went ahead and mentioned it to my service advisor and wanted to gamble on having it resolved.
Just out of curiosity, how long was your vehicle in service?
Apparently the part is backordered and they've had my vehicle out-of-state for over three weeks. :confused:

#8 ·
Hi Everyone - just took delivery of my Polestar 2 a couple weeks ago and it's been a bit of a disaster.
Support & the dealer haven't really fixed my top issue and I'd love to get some advice from other owners before figuring out what to do next.

1. Map in gauge cluster flickers/errors regularly - tried TCAM resetting, screen resetting, power off vehicle, updating
YouTube Link

Hoping one of you or Polestar can help me with that huge issue. It's extremely distracting; had to use the non-map screen while driving.

Both of these worked briefly while on software 1.8 but I can't get them back no matter how much resetting I try. Found some other forum posts on here and followed troubleshooting, but no luck.

4. Pilot Assist steering doesn't engage occasionally. I've used it for years on Volvo and I'm familiar with the system. Occasionally it doesn't feel like steering on a dead straight interstate, well marked with lines, at 65mph. I've experienced this multiple times and wonder if anyone else has a reluctant Pilot Assist?

5. Two whole days, the vehicle's audio system has stopped functioning. No app sound / bluetooth music / blinker sound / etc.

6. the 3 blinks from the blinker when shortpressing the stalk stopped functioning for an entire day, but resumed again.

Any help or advice on how to proceed with some of these would be great :) I don't anticipate all of them being resolved, but whatever I can get.
Thank you so much
Don't have leather seats. Rest assure my car behavior! 😂😂😂

#9 ·
For 2 and 3, check your logged in to the App with your polestar ID and check your logged in to your car with your Polestar ID ( both can randomly disappear, especially after OTA updates). Last resort you can unpairing/repairing/deleting profiles etc but seems to be 50/50 whether it works. For 5, only ever had it happen once in over a year, infotainment reset sorted it (have you tried infotainment resets?)

#10 ·
Yes! Adaptive cruise and lane keeping aid temporary fault

Also yes! "AUTO" headlights and "Triple turn...

#11 ·

YouTube Link

Thank you so much

1 - MAP FLICKERS - YES it happens in mine but is not a show stopper and probably due to map updating

2 - DIGITAL KEY - does not work as i cant access the app or pair it any longer AFTER it came back from the dealership who did NOTHING to the car except make it WORSE... they did not even update to V 1.8 .... still on 1.7 !!

3 - APP NO LONER CONNECTS - same here... tried a million things and will have to send it back to dealer !!

4 - PILOT ASSIST - it may not engage as the road markings are not very clear ... i have to say that the pilot assist on TESLA is miles more consistant... hopefully ours will improve over time.

5 - AUDIO system - no problem here except for when i lost complete connectivity and had to send it to dealer for reset.

6 - n/a
7 - N/a

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.