Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from 1 (the first one) + 2 in Toronto on this forum things have gone suspiciously quiet - dead quiet ? Does anybody have any news or any confirmed delivery date for their car ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think the score is 3 delivered from Toronto and 2 from Vancouver. Montreal is supposed to start deliveries this week.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the score is 3 delivered from Toronto and 2 from Vancouver. Montreal is supposed to start deliveries this week.
Ah - where did you get the news from the Vancouver deliveries from ? Was it posted somewhere ? I’m still waiting and waiting.... and get nothing out of them anymore. Car is in their yard for weeks now ! (No financing or lease). Getting weirder with the day. Did you get your date ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im still waiting to hear from financing but the person in Toronto said mine was on route from Halifax so would be approx 2 weeks. We're coming up on that now so I'm not sure what's happening.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ah - where did you get the news from the Vancouver deliveries from ? Was it posted somewhere ? I’m still waiting and waiting.... and get nothing out of them anymore. Car is in their yard for weeks now ! (No financing or lease). Getting weirder with the day. Did you get your date ?
On the Polestar owners group on FB.

No date for me, I cancelled for now. Waiting to see how the 4G and WiFi issues will be resolved. I will need a car March 31st.

·
Registered
128 Posts
my delivery has been delayed quite a few times so far.
I was first expecting delivery around Christmas, but the financing department (and also the website) wasn’t fully set up to process my financing. All the paperwork was done manually and was looking forward to delivery around New Year’s day, however, there was some issues with my particular car as PS couldn’t clear the software codes when they were preparing for delivery. They managed to clear the codes but it later reappeared, and they are still working on it and doing more testing as they want my car to be 100% before they can deliver it so I won’t be taking my car back again. I have an earlier VIN (0085xx) so I’m guessing it’s close enough to the software issues the sub 8000 VINs have been experiencing.

Mine is one of the first 11 P2s that arrived and the Toronto Space has been busy delivering this first batch since their first delivery on New Year’s Day.

I’m ready to take delivery at any time now, my garage has been cleaned for more than a week now waiting for my car to come home! I’m getting very impatient!

·
Registered
2021 P2 PP Snow
31 Posts
Apart from 1 (the first one) + 2 in Toronto on this forum things have gone suspiciously quiet - dead quiet ? Does anybody have any news or any confirmed delivery date for their car ?
Toronto Space is pretty much alive. I picked up mine last week and I'm pretty sure they had few more deliveries lined up.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Toronto Space is pretty much alive. I picked up mine last week and I'm pretty sure they had few more deliveries lined up.
Welcome to the forum ! Hope you are enjoying your car ! There's 2 unspoken rules :
1) Pics or it didn't happen ;)
2) In order not to awaken the Kraken, quickly fill out the survey : North America... I got my car!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine is being planned for this coming Saturday, in Toronto
Tx for the updates everybody. It’s just mine then that doesn’t get processed.... 🤔. They must be so fed up with me that any excuse is good enough to not release any info at all except ‘we are doing everything we can’. Today the excuse was that CS was closed because of M. Luther King Day in the US.
Tomorrow is the last day/chance. I told them. There’s 9 XC40’s allocated for 2021 at the Volvo dealer. I was in the queue but had to let 7 go in front of me. They go like hot dogs. 2 more left and that’s the 3rd and last batch for end of May now. Need to decide before noon tomorrow or potentially no car at all in 2021. What a mess. Never thought it had to come to this after 23 months. Not impressed.
I probably jinxed it with my sarcastic signature... should have removed that long time ago 😔

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
308 Posts
Tx for the updates everybody. It’s just mine then that doesn’t get processed.... 🤔. They must be so fed up with me that any excuse is good enough to not release any info at all except ‘we are doing everything we can’. Today the excuse was that CS was closed because of M. Luther King Day in the US.
Tomorrow is the last day/chance. I told them. There’s 9 XC40’s allocated for 2021 at the Volvo dealer. I was in the queue but had to let 7 go in front of me. They go like hot dogs. 2 more left and that’s the 3rd and last batch for end of May now. Need to decide before noon tomorrow or potentially no car at all in 2021. What a mess. Never thought it had to come to this after 23 months. Not impressed.
I probably jinxed it with my sarcastic signature... should have removed that long time ago 😔
Just last week I was asked to provide my documents, license, insurance and void cheque. So I assume they will be calling me soon? My gut tells me there is a lot of hands on processing/preparation of the cars to get them ready for buyers. I expect the first months vehicle experience for the North American owners to be very different than the UK owners.

Getting the car will be the easy part, after that I have to find a way to get a force-field generator powerful enough to keep the stone chips away without reducing my range too much. :p "Hey Google, shields up!"

·
Registered
51 Posts
I assume the dogs don't have any cold gating problems.

Why do you think I got a Malamute puppy?

Also, abiding by rule 1 as quoted by @JMP2 "Pics or it didn't happen"

The delay is something I expected & is the main reason I cancelled the order...I feel for you guys I am sure it must be frustrating... but, if the car delivery was not urgent I would stick with the order...

A friend had a question about P2 that I couldn't answer... perhaps you lot can help...he was asking, that if you go with the leather seats does it come with the thigh cushion extensions like in other Volvo cars e.g. V60?

·
Registered
51 Posts

There is one post on Reddit...not sure if the same is posted on FB as I deleted my account back in 2018...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Polestar/comments/kwy2hw

1 - 20 of 26 Posts