Polestar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have the hazard lights switch on when you press the big round Play/Pause button with a bit more force than needed?

I've had the hazard lights come on several times while driving when trying to play/pause media, and was puzzled until today I realized it depends on the amount of force I use.

Video: Hazard lights (first two normal presses, then two hazard presses)

No service centers nearby yet so I'll probably let it be at least for now, but I wonder if this is specific to my unit or whether everyone else has a lighter touch :) (VIN 02xxx).

·
Registered
2021 2
1,374 Posts
yep - you and @Warb seem to have particularly strong digits

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah thanks, I thought I had searched first but maybe I used wrong terms or something.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Have you tried not pushing with more force than needed? 😉

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've had the Windscreen demister and the rear screen heater both go on, but not the hazards yet... Its only a matter of time I think!

·
Registered
Thunder ⚡ | Non-PP | 20" | Towbar | Damn good looking driver
40 Posts
Ive been to the volvo dealer for this issue. But they just say there is nothing broken. Ive asked then if they would make a case about it to let polestar know because ive seen some posts on this forum about it aswel. So if everyone will do that maybe we can make a case about it. For now i just dont press on the sides anymore and just use a gentle touch. Normally i would get in the car and press it very enthusiastic and drive off with the music pumping. But now i just do it delicately haha.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yes, it's rubbish that part of the car. What would have been wrong with five physical buttons. Instead, they spent more money on capacitive sensors and bleedin' haptic feedback to actually make it worse...

Anyway, the knack for me to not having the hazard lights or other random things happen when you press the play-pause button is to press it in a different place. There's one particular spot on the button that you can press with considerably less pressure. Have a poke around.

Other option is to not use it at all and just tap play on the screen!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’ve had this issue too.. the haptic feedback is weird because psychologically I feel like I have to increase force until it does it, but in reality I think it’s quite sensitive and there’s just dodgy lag in the software before it gives the feedback

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've found that if I give it a little "rub" towards an edge it seems to engage better, but it often takes a couple of tries. I think that maybe it needs to be "woken up" a bit - the software may have to load a module or something on the initial press event and there is a lag (as @boakham suggests) while it loads. But who knows...only the devs most likely.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So... My local Volvo dealer called today after visiting for this issue. They are going to replace the buttons for me. Maybe this is a bug in the hardware. So if you've got the same thing. Please contact your volvo dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
So... My local Volvo dealer called today after visiting for this issue. They are going to replace the buttons for me. Maybe this is a bug in the hardware. So if you've got the same thing. Please contact your volvo dealer.
I definitely have the same thing. I imagine I'll have to contact Polestar CS, eh?

'Will you do me a favor? Will you check back in and let us know if the problem is fixed? If I know there's a part that works, I'm confident I could swap it out myself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I definitely have the same thing. I imagine I'll have to contact Polestar CS, eh?

'Will you do me a favor? Will you check back in and let us know if the problem is fixed? If I know there's a part that works, I'm confident I could swap it out myself.
I' ll keep you posted :). And everyone else of course (y)

Ps: what i did was contact my local dealer. Make them file a report towards Polestar.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I' ll keep you posted :). And everyone else of course (y)

Ps: what i did was contact my local dealer. Make them file a report towards Polestar.
You've got things sorted over there. Unfortunately, I don't think that works here in the States yet.

·
Registered
536 Posts
FWIW, I have never once had this issue. So I wonder if it depends on your particular switches or something.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does anyone else have the hazard lights switch on when you press the big round Play/Pause button with a bit more force than needed?

I've had the hazard lights come on several times while driving when trying to play/pause media, and was puzzled until today I realized it depends on the amount of force I use.

Video: Hazard lights (first two normal presses, then two hazard presses)

No service centers nearby yet so I'll probably let it be at least for now, but I wonder if this is specific to my unit or whether everyone else has a lighter touch :) (VIN 02xxx).
Yep, happened to me too. I had a Nissan Leaf that did the same thing. They combine buttons if you push one too hard it really presses both. Dumb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts