Polestar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering whether these are like the fabled hoodie. (I got mine!;))

Are the headlight washers really there? Do they exist? is there just a blank plate either side so you think they are there? did Polestar forget to fit them? Do we really know? Has anyone actually seen them? Do they work? How do they actually perform?
Pics needed, or evidence of their deposits at least? Anyone?? :eek:

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Normally they work when you do the X 'th squirt on your main washers. For example the 10th time you use your screen washers the headlights will be clean.

To test, ask your wife to sit in the drivers seat and the get close to the head lights ... like really close ... like yous face in an inch away, then ask her to start squirting. After a while you'll know if they exist or not!

·
Registered
764 Posts
You can usually hear the headlamp washers working. pull the stalk to wash the windscreen. In the moments after, listen for the pump activating two more times. If it's like Volvos (it will be) then it will pump two more times as each light gets washed separately so that both are not obscured by the jets of washer fluid at the same time. The headlights will be sprayed before the wipers have finished their swiping.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I left it there to see who would say it 😂

Reactions: 2RatsElop

·
Registered
463 Posts

Does anybody know what that "defined interval" is. I tried everything and usually when you are driving (lights on) you see the overspray fly over with the wind. Volvo also has them only spray every so often (interval), but when they spray you know it - unmistakably. I also tried repeatedly with car stationary and lights on (like 15 times) and can't even get a drop of liquid on the lights ? And yes the reservoir is full.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts