Polestar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide the measurements from the ground outside to the seat? We are used to an SUV and worry we might struggle getting in and out of the car. I can’t find this info online and Volvo have said they cannot provide these specs. Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
I don't have the size here, but my Dad (72) finds it tricky to get out of the car compared to the Kia Venga he has, and compared to our Kona Electric that we had before. It's definitely only an inch or so higher than a standard saloon, even with the seat set to be high.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
I'm not sure a measurement is going to help you too much because there are so many other factors. Where in the country are you? I'm sure someone can arrange for you to have a nosey.

The car is quite a bit higher than it looks - it's obviously no SUV, but it's a fair bit higher than any other car of it's size.

I've scaled this off the datasheet if it's any good:-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your reply, we are between Bournemouth and Poole, we had a Jaguar XF which was a lovely car but for us it was too low as my husband said we needed a crane to get us out. That Is why we needed the measurements, before we buy.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
There's -loads- of height adjustment available on the seat as well. Because of the pano roof, you can raise the seat ridiculously high before it becomes 'too high'.

With the seat all the way up, it's at least the same height as a small crossover SUV.

You really need to get your hands on one and try it out.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
That's why I asked for your location - don't be surprised if you get an offer from someone on here! Everyone is really enthusiastic about the car despite the fact that you might hear some moaning from time to time.

I would have, but you're too far from me. Was in Poole a few weeks ago as well, so bad timing.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
I don't have the size here, but my Dad (72) finds it tricky to get out of the car compared to the Kia Venga he has, and compared to our Kona Electric that we had before. It's definitely only an inch or so higher than a standard saloon, even with the seat set to be high.
It really does depend what you're comparing it with - after all, what is a 'standard saloon'?

It's way higher than my partner's 2-series BMW for example - four or five inches.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
I've done some actual measurements for you.

With the seat in the lowest position, the lowest point of the seat (the bit your behind would actually be resting on) is 440mm above the ground.

With the seat in the highest position, it's 520mm above the ground.

So in my drawing above, they have the seat in the highest position.

·
Registered
260 Posts
@Anthony would you be prepared to travel to Ringwood to see my P*2, in the flesh? Due to social distancing you’ll only be able to have a test sit I’m afraid, but will wear mask and wipe down before you try. Thanks @stevelup for your measurements, very useful to know, the up and down travel on the seat seems even greater when you’re sat in it!

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
I was surprised it was only 80mm - it feels like you're going to go through the roof!

I think the reason is that it's not a straight up/down - there's quite a big fore/aft shift as well. So as you raise it, you're getting directly brought closer to the top of the windscreen. It moves almost diagonally.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Must have been inspired by Otis Elevators!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tha
@Anthony would you be prepared to travel to Ringwood to see my P*2, in the flesh? Due to social distancing you’ll only be able to have a test sit I’m afraid, but will wear mask and wipe down before you try. Thanks @stevelup for your measurements, very useful to know, the up and down travel on the seat seems even greater when you’re sat in it!
Thank you Terran, that would be wonderful if we could take you up on your offer, any time to suit you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Terran,that would be wonderful if we could take you up on your offer, any time to suit you. Anthony

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thank you Terran,that would be wonderful if we could take you up on your offer, any time to suit you. Anthony
Might be best to arrange through a pm :cool: I’ll send.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Note that if you have the seat set up high, you will need to be a short person to get out! My Dad is 5'6" and has to duck his head down to get in/out if the seat's set at its highest position.

Well done @Terran for kindly offering to try it for size as that's definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
Stock P*2 MDNT VIN: 011***
168 Posts

With the seat in the lowest position, the lowest point of the seat (the bit your behind would actually be resting on) is 440mm above the ground.

Very helpful. Was just having this discussion with my wife. We ordered a P*2 sight unseen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts