Polestar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you know Hugo?
About the car? Overall very pleased. Nicely built, more room than I had hoped in the boot (managed to fit my golf clubs in). The car drives nicely and the ride is pretty good (firm but not uncomfortable) - I have 19" wheels with Primacy 4 tyres which appear to work well in terms of comfort, but a bit of tyre noise on rough asphalt.
I have charged on a Polar 50Kw with no problems, but there seems to be a drop off in charge rate at about 70%. I have just plugged into my home Type 2 and am struggling to understand what is happening - few (unimformative) errors but it is now charging albeit I don't seem to be able to lock the car whilst doing so. Maybe it is unlocking that interrupts the charging. I will have to play around.
Lights last night were OK, but I think the high beams need adjusting - maybe the dipped beams as well, although they seemed OK.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
634 Posts
Not locking- that's a new one as far as I know. Does the car lock if you are sat in it & you're not charging?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not locking- that's a new one as far as I know. Does the car lock if you are sat in it & you're not charging?
No - I don't think so.

The problem with Type 2 charging seems to be a fault on the charger. I initially leapt to the conclusion that is was a problem with PS2 - then my wife limped home in her i3 with ~1% charge left. She had been plugged in the previous night and she had not noticed that the car was not being charged. I tried plugging in and got an error - insufficient power.

Looking at the PS2, the charger was providing 28A/218V. The voltage is well below spec and that is probably why the i3 was barfing and it took so many attempts to get the PS2 on charge.

I am now waiting for Chargemaster to come and fix/replace (still inside the 3 year warranty).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! Post pics when you can!
What did you drive before this?
Volvo XC60 D5 AWD with Polestar engine map. This is a fully loaded car with similar safety features to the PS2 (collision detection, ACC, BLIS), laminated glass, keyless entry and probably weighs about the same.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Congratulations! Too bad about this whole Covid business, or I'd pop over for a test drive and tea!

·
Registered
1 Posts
About the car? Overall very pleased. Nicely built, more room than I had hoped in the boot (managed to fit my golf clubs in). The car drives nicely and the ride is pretty good (firm but not uncomfortable) - I have 19" wheels with Primacy 4 tyres which appear to work well in terms of comfort, but a bit of tyre noise on rough asphalt.
I have charged on a Polar 50Kw with no problems, but there seems to be a drop off in charge rate at about 70%. I have just plugged into my home Type 2 and am struggling to understand what is happening - few (unimformative) errors but it is now charging albeit I don't seem to be able to lock the car whilst doing so. Maybe it is unlocking that interrupts the charging. I will have to play around.
Lights last night were OK, but I think the high beams need adjusting - maybe the dipped beams as well, although they seemed OK.
Hi
Just waiting on my government loan being approved and then I will be placing my order for thr PS2. Do the golf clubs fit in sidd to side across the boot or do you have to use the hatch opening in back seat and put long ways?

Regards
Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts