Polestar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you know Hugo?
About the car? Overall very pleased. Nicely built, more room than I had hoped in the boot (managed to fit my golf clubs in). The car drives nicely and the ride is pretty good (firm but not uncomfortable) - I have 19" wheels with Primacy 4 tyres which appear to work well in terms of comfort, but a bit of tyre noise on rough asphalt.
I have charged on a Polar 50Kw with no problems, but there seems to be a drop off in charge rate at about 70%. I have just plugged into my home Type 2 and am struggling to understand what is happening - few (unimformative) errors but it is now charging albeit I don't seem to be able to lock the car whilst doing so. Maybe it is unlocking that interrupts the charging. I will have to play around.
Lights last night were OK, but I think the high beams need adjusting - maybe the dipped beams as well, although they seemed OK.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not locking- that's a new one as far as I know. Does the car lock if you are sat in it & you're not charging?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not locking- that's a new one as far as I know. Does the car lock if you are sat in it & you're not charging?
No - I don't think so.

The problem with Type 2 charging seems to be a fault on the charger. I initially leapt to the conclusion that is was a problem with PS2 - then my wife limped home in her i3 with ~1% charge left. She had been plugged in the previous night and she had not noticed that the car was not being charged. I tried plugging in and got an error - insufficient power.

Looking at the PS2, the charger was providing 28A/218V. The voltage is well below spec and that is probably why the i3 was barfing and it took so many attempts to get the PS2 on charge.

I am now waiting for Chargemaster to come and fix/replace (still inside the 3 year warranty).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! Post pics when you can!
What did you drive before this?
Volvo XC60 D5 AWD with Polestar engine map. This is a fully loaded car with similar safety features to the PS2 (collision detection, ACC, BLIS), laminated glass, keyless entry and probably weighs about the same.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Congratulations! Too bad about this whole Covid business, or I'd pop over for a test drive and tea!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts