Polestar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been lurking on this forum for a little while, and decided to signup as enjoying the great information sharing, and the member community seems very positive. Also, just had my order finally confirmed for delivery of a Polestar 2 in December - started process in September.

I'm currently based in Hampshire, UK and moving from a history of some fairly nippy cars (TVR, Maserati, Alfa Romeo) and family/dog luggers (Volvo, Saab, Subaru and LR). Hoping the Polestar can bridge both of these, and also excited as its our first EV car in the family.

It is also the first car I have ever purchased without test driving. Never mind seeing, touching, smelling or any other sensory pleasure in the flesh. Took the jump based on lots of online reviews, videos and obviously this forums feedback. Hope I don’t regret it!

Looking forward to contributing, and getting the car soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here:giggle:!! The lurking part i mean.. and the test driving part of it. Just resived my VIN number after 25 days of ordering. Delivery is estimated in February. Never driven an EV ever and just knew the minut i saw one that "ME WANTS IT!!" The test drive part would be very simpel to do living just 30min drive from a Showroom here in Norway, but could not care less.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Been lurking on this forum for a little while, and decided to signup as enjoying the great information sharing, and the member community seems very positive. Also, just had my order finally confirmed for delivery of a Polestar 2 in December - started process in September.

I'm currently based in Hampshire, UK and moving from a history of some fairly nippy cars (TVR, Maserati, Alfa Romeo) and family/dog luggers (Volvo, Saab, Subaru and LR). Hoping the Polestar can bridge both of these, and also excited as its our first EV car in the family.

It is also the first car I have ever purchased without test driving. Never mind seeing, touching, smelling or any other sensory pleasure in the flesh. Took the jump based on lots of online reviews, videos and obviously this forums feedback. Hope I don’t regret it!

Looking forward to contributing, and getting the car soon.
Hi and welcome. I have had mine a couple of weeks now. Same colour and spec as yours, apart from the 20 ins wheels. I initially found the excitement of delivery day diminished by the potential issues to do with the recall etc. Seems as if Polestar are, in most cases, gradually getting up to speed and my worst fears have not been realised. I really love this car. It is my first EV and it ticks all the boxes. Lovely to look at and thrilling to drive. I have even been able to get a 4kw charge today via my solar panels! Feel as if I am helping save the planet in a small way, at least. Really do trust that your Polestar journey is a good one and that you continue to have that “Can’t wait feeling” right through to delivery day.😇

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both. Just got confirmation of my VIN finally and "expected" delivery date of early December. Stelvio has gone today, so looking forward to getting it ASAP! Actually wanted a standard 19" model too, but it was either take one with 20" or a longer wait.

@Bazza77 - just starting to look now for home charging point. Did you recently get yours installed? Also like the idea of solar, but would be a brand new installation for us.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks both. Just got confirmation of my VIN finally and "expected" delivery date of early December. Stelvio has gone today, so looking forward to getting it ASAP! Actually wanted a standard 19" model too, but it was either take one with 20" or a longer wait.

@Bazza77 - just starting to look now for home charging point. Did you recently get yours installed? Also like the idea of solar, but would be a brand new installation for us.
Installed 3 weeks ago now. The zappi is working well. It is a tethered unit and has to be smart and linkable to your phone. (for olev grant purposes) Currently set to reap the excess from my solar. The eco++ setting will allow you to ensure it will only take this. Only kicks in above 1.4 kw, but today is charging at 1.7 to 2kw ph. I did refer to Artisan Electrics who only install Zappi now. Check you tube for his reasons. Others will obviously use any solar energy but probably only as part of a 7kw charge. I can also set a timed charge which the Polestar cannot do yet. Means I can benefit from Octopus Go 00.30 to 0430 rate of 5p kw. Some seem to prefer Octopus Agile. Happy perusing.😇

·
Registered
24 Posts

Recently also had a Zappi installed and Solar panels which feed into the Zappi. Now just waiting for confirmation if delivery date (initial offering of 10th Nov when I'm out! So waiting for new date). Recent sunny day produced 10kW. Can't wait to see that going into the car!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome guys. You will not be disappointed. If driving a £50k car that does 0-60 in 4.7s and looks like something straight from the future (it is) doesn't rock your boat then nothing will. I've had mine a few weeks now and it is always a pleasure to drive. Range could be better, but I rarely do more than 15-30 miles in a day so only charge it once/twice a week. Everyone that sees it thinks it looks amazing - it's quite muscular in a good way and should get better with OTA updates. You will also love the exclusivity and refinement :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts