Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone - new to the forum, but ordered my P2 back in March: Thunder w/ Charcoal interior, 19" wheels, towbar (for bike rack). I owned a 1987 Saab 900 (best car ever?) for 20+ years, then an 2005 Audi A4 Avant (bought used) for 12 years. The P2 will then only my 3rd car in my life, even though I am in my fifties. Happy to find this forum!

Very excited to get my car, but also a little nervous about being >1000 miles from a Polestar Space for something like 6 months before the Denver Space opens. So the lack of OTA is especially concerning. But planning to hang in there with my order - still showing September delivery, but that likely does not factor in the 1000-mile shipping to Colorado. The cost of having the car shipped to Colorado is offset by a $2000 reduction in the Colorado state EV rebate program coming in January 2021. So cheaper to get the car shipped now vs. getting it from the Denver space next year.

Any other Colorado folks out there with a car on order?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Assuming you chose LA location, it's like 24 hours of driving, so maybe 2 extra days of transport.

Did you consider picking it up and driving it back? I'm in Colorado too and ordered through LA location (December estimate). Figured it might be a fun trip to fly out, pick it up, and drive back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up choosing the Marin space in Northern California, because I lived in SF for 15 years and just assumed that the Northern California locations would be closer to Boulder than the Southern California location. It depends on what route you take, but Google Maps does show that Los Angeles is actually a slightly shorter drive. Too late to switch now without delaying my order, I imagine. In the end, it will probably only add about $200 to my delivery fee, so not the end of the world.

I'd love to fly out and drive it back, but I'm not willing to fly during the pandemic to do it. I'm sure some people will do this though - would be super fun!

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I'd love to fly out and drive it back, but I'm not willing to fly during the pandemic to do it. I'm sure some people will do this though - would be super fun!
You could try hitchhiking! Now that would be an adventure, eh?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I ended up choosing the Marin space in Northern California, because I lived in SF for 15 years and just assumed that the Northern California locations would be closer to Boulder than the Southern California location. It depends on what route you take, but Google Maps does show that Los Angeles is actually a slightly shorter drive. Too late to switch now without delaying my order, I imagine. In the end, it will probably only add about $200 to my delivery fee, so not the end of the world.

How did you come up with the $200 figure? Did they quote you that for the delivery from SF to CO?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They said somewhere in the range of $1.00 to $1.25 per mile to ship. So it will likely be somewhere around $1200 to ship from SF to Colorado. And perhaps $200 less from LA. But they also suggested that the Spaces might be willing to negotiate on this a bit. Who knows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts