Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Daniel here. Decided to put a deposit down on a Polestar 2 yesterday.

Ordered on the Polestar Montreal space.

LRDM, Magnesium, Charcoal WeaveTech, Plus Pack, 19" Wheels.

I originally reserved a BMW i4 back in November last year but they keep dragging their feet and they have no clue when the car will be built.
In addition to that BMW hiked their prices by more than 10% starting next month and therefore the i4 loses the federal rebate for the 2023 models.

They are very similar cars and this new pricing from BMW widens the price gap by a lot to just ignore that.

Will see how it goes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Polestar community! Magnesium is a beautiful color! What incentives are they giving in Canada right now? I’m enjoying the ~$10,000USD tax break here in Colorado.
Thanks!

We have a federal rebate of $5,000 CAD but the MSRP before options and fees has to be under $55,000 CAD.
And in my case my province, Quebec, has a rebate of $7,000 CAD for cars under $65,000 CAD.

In this case all Polestar 2 variants sold in Canada qualify for the federal rebate and I also get the provincial rebate for a total of $12,000 CAD

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a BMW i4 waitlist spot as well and am looking at giving it up after the $6000 price increase and the lose of the $8000 Canada/BC EV rebate.

So I'm now looking at the Polestar. Looking at the Canada EV rebate list it looks like both models are eligible. With BMW they were going to do the rebates at the point of sale with BMW doing all the paper work, how does the rebate work with Polestar?

·
Registered
‘22 Plus Magnisium (“Maggie”)
24 Posts
Hi everyone,

I originally reserved a BMW i4 back in November last year but they keep dragging their feet and they have no clue when the car will be built.
In addition to that BMW hiked their prices by more than 10% starting next month and therefore the i4 loses the federal rebate for the 2023 models.

They are very similar cars and this new pricing from BMW widens the price gap by a lot to just ignore that.

Will see how it goes.
Hi, Daniel! My car is identical to the one you’ve reserved. Coolest & best car I’ve ever owned. I think you’ll love it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi everyone,

Will see how it goes.
New potential buyer, still undecided on the options but will be doing a test drive on Monday.
I'm new here too and agree On all your points.
You prolly see my nick is familiar. Hehe

·
Registered
2022 P2 Midnight PPP
182 Posts
I've got a BMW i4 waitlist spot as well and am looking at giving it up after the $6000 price increase and the lose of the $8000 Canada/BC EV rebate.

So I'm now looking at the Polestar. Looking at the Canada EV rebate list it looks like both models are eligible. With BMW they were going to do the rebates at the point of sale with BMW doing all the paper work, how does the rebate work with Polestar?
Polestar builds the rebate into your quote and applies as part of the sale. What they did for me anyway...although I still only have a quote and not a car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Polestar builds the rebate into your quote and applies as part of the sale. What they did for me anyway...although I still only have a quote and not a car.
If I configure the car online, do you know, if they are already including that into the online price?
Definitely wouldn't want that to be a surprise after the fact.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 LRSM, pilot + plus
79 Posts
If I configure the car online, do you know, if they are already including that into the online price?
Definitely wouldn't want that to be a surprise after the fact.
Don't configure it online. The online pricing is all over the place. If you can, visit a Polestar Space and go through the details with the staff there.
They will apply for the rebate for you and automatically reduce your final price by $5000.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't configure it online. The online pricing is all over the place. If you can, visit a Polestar Space and go through the details with the staff there.
They will apply for the rebate for you and automatically reduce your final price by $5000.
Thanks for the tip, good to know.
Do you know, once your order is in my account online, if it shows any progress, like assigning vin, shipping,delivery. Etc ?

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 LRSM, pilot + plus
79 Posts
Thanks for the tip, good to know.
Do you know, once your order is in my account online, if it shows any progress, like assigning vin, shipping,delivery. Etc ?
For me, once my order is in my account, the app and the website do show some progress, including VIN and a guestimated delivery date. Don't trust the delivery date shown on the app. It could be much earlier or much later.
Shipping status is not displayed in the app. Instead, you get an email when your ordered car clears customs at port, and then another email when your car arrives at your Polestar Space.

·
Registered
48 Posts
For me, once my order is in my account, the app and the website do show some progress, including VIN and a guestimated delivery date. Don't trust the delivery date shown on the app. It could be much earlier or much later.
Shipping status is not displayed in the app. Instead, you get an email when your ordered car clears customs at port, and then another email when your car arrives at your Polestar Space.
Ok great , at least it shows a vin which kinda guarantees with time you will be getting the car.
I ordered an i4 , and initially got a Build Week 5 in January but here I am and still no clue if I will be getting an i4 before the price goes up as it will be a 23 model and I still don't know when it will be delivered. With that, their will be a huge price increase and some tech stuff missing....i get bmw has been having issues with parts but im suppose to suck that up and no financial compensation even though i commited myself to it, for almost a year.
Honestly I never gave the Polestar any thoughts as for some reason I thought it was a crossover type.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

As far as I know the federal rebates are always handled by the dealer. Is a requirement.
Provincial rebates vary.

·
Registered
32 Posts

How do you know about a $6000 price increase? I called 6 dealers in the Toronto area and no one has any confirmation on price increase. The best I got was one dealership said they know prices will go up but don't know by how much.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How do you know about a $6000 price increase? I called 6 dealers in the Toronto area and no one has any confirmation on price increase. The best I got was one dealership said they know prices will go up but don't know by how much.
The Canadian pricing guide is already out and if you visit i4talk.com message board it has literally blown up there. I am sure there will be lots of cancelations and lucky new cases will reap such a benefit at a much higher price unfortunately.
I am not sure a i4 is worth this much and one of the reasons I am on here to explore my other options.
I do really like the i4 but I am not a complete fool either. Here
As for dealers us, on that i4 board for almost a year are prolly more knowledgeable then the dealers. Lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts