Polestar Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Canadian pricing guide is already out and if you visit i4talk.com message board it has literally blown up there. I am sure there will be lots of cancelations and lucky new cases will reap such a benefit at a much higher price unfortunately.
I am not sure a i4 is worth this much and one of the reasons I am on here to explore my other options.
I do really like the i4 but I am not a complete fool either. Here
As for dealers us, on that i4 board for almost a year are prolly more knowledgeable then the dealers. Lol
Many thanks! Had no clue and wow on the price increase especially combining with no more rebate. I'm glad I didn't bother with deposit on i4 just over a month ago.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Many thanks! Had no clue and wow on the price increase especially combining with no more rebate. I'm glad I didn't bother with deposit on i4 just over a month ago.
The 23 i4 edrive40 , the most dumb down tech electric vehicle on the market. Woo-hoo....a HUD that shows ur driving speed.
A premium package that basically includes a $13,000 radio. Lol

·
Registered
2021 P2 Midnight exterior & Barley Interior
58 Posts
I think you've made a wise choice for a number of reasons. I'm glad I didn't wait for the i4, and I used to be quite the BMW fanboi.
I'm with you, I too had an i4 on order but got the same routine from BMW who would/could not give me any update on my car order as well! What a shame.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
How do you know about a $6000 price increase? I called 6 dealers in the Toronto area and no one has any confirmation on price increase. The best I got was one dealership said they know prices will go up but don't know by how much.
Here is the 2023 i4 pricing guide attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
With the 2023 BMW i4 e40 price increase of $6k and the lose of the $8k in rebates, it totally sucks. Have my order in for the P2, but still keeping my waitlist with BMW just in case I win the lottery or something and can afford a fully equipped i40 M50 model.

·
Registered
48 Posts
With the 2023 BMW i4 e40 price increase of $6k and the lose of the $8k in rebates, it totally sucks. Have my order in for the P2, but still keeping my waitlist with BMW just in case I win the lottery or something and can afford a fully equipped i40 M50 model.
Well they completely messed up the edrive40, no DAPP.
I can't go without those features. Lol have them on my current EV.
My plan C, might be a nice used 530e and the money I save from not getting the crippled edrive40, will help offset the gas and get a solar system installed.
DougG, I'd suggest trying to get a pre-configured P2...
Ps I really liked the P2, but prefer the bmw handling and the test drive on the P2 was also good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I put an order on the P2 when BMW announced the price increase and a few days later I caught a preconfigured P2 that is coming in mid August.

Need to do some numbers but planning to get the P2 and keep my i4 spot.
Once the i4 comes if numbers make sense I might trade in the P2 and get the i4.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I had scheduled my test drive to be 100% certain and wasn't disappointed at all ordered once I got home !!! now the wait... ;)I was told car will be built in October deliver in Q1 2023 I'm so looking forward to it
If you don't mind getting a 2022 model keep an eye on the preconfigured page.

I was able to move my delivery to mid August by catching a 2022 model exactly the same as the 2023 order I had.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in quebec and I ordered the i4 40e back in March, I just got a new email from the dealer stating that the 2023 models are going up to 62k. But a newer 35e model with 418km range is being introduced. So I ordered a 35e base options but I changed to Orange exterior and in total it comes out to 56k after 12k rebates and 15% quebec tax. I think it's a good price, I understand it's base, but I already got a x4 fully loaded, I just need a car with maximum range possible that's cheap.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I live in quebec and I ordered the i4 40e back in March, I just got a new email from the dealer stating that the 2023 models are going up to 62k. But a newer 35e model with 418km range is being introduced. So I ordered a 35e base options but I changed to Orange exterior and in total it comes out to 56k after 12k rebates and 15% quebec tax. I think it's a good price, I understand it's base, but I already got a x4 fully loaded, I just need a car with maximum range possible that's cheap.
Do they let you order it with out any packages?
As far as I know at the moment they won't take an i4 order with at least the premium essential package that adds 9$k

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Following up on my original post I took delivery of my P2 about a month ago. Super happy, love the car.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

However, I kept my i4 spot and that car has been built and in transit right now, should get here by end of October.
Debating if I trade in the P2 for the i4 now.

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do they let you order it with out any packages? As far as I know at the moment they won't take an i4 order with at least the premium essential package that adds 9$k
I did, but he said I'll get it slower since I took no packages. By my belief is that it's pure BS prolly they want to make more money with packages. I dt mind waiting a year since by then the interest rate will be lower.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I did, but he said I'll get it slower since I took no packages. By my belief is that it's pure BS prolly they want to make more money with packages. I dt mind waiting a year since by then the interest rate will be lower.
Eventually they will come around and remove those stupid requirements once the demand/supply gets more stable.
If in not rush everything should be fine.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts