Polestar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my P2pp for 10 days and so far, still working. A few glitches so far but mostly great.

Observations so far:
  • driver power consumption screen random
  • tyre pressures way high on delivery
  • no plug surfing card
  • cable doesn't always release when you want
  • kick sensor hopeless
  • infotainment system a bit beta, takes multiple touches at times to register.
  • car emergency stopped in reverse for no good reason

Loving the car generally, but Polestar UK have been pretty rubbish to deal with so far and seemed totally disorganised.

Fingers well and truly crossed

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I've heard that if you're too close to the boot, it won't open for fear of hitting you. You might try standing back a bit when using the kick sensor.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've heard that if you're too close to the boot, it won't open for fear of hitting you. You might try standing back a bit when using the kick sensor.
Had my P2pp for 10 days and so far, still working. A few glitches so far but mostly great.

Observations so far:
  • driver power consumption screen random
  • tyre pressures way high on delivery
  • no plug surfing card
  • cable doesn't always release when you want
  • kick sensor hopeless
  • infotainment system a bit beta, takes multiple touches at times to register.
  • car emergency stopped in reverse for no good reason
Loving the car generally, but Polestar UK have been pretty rubbish to deal with so far and seemed totally disorganised.

Fingers well and truly crossed
"cable doesn't always release when you want" - can you explain what you mean by that ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Works well the boot. 95% first-time success. Did accidentaly close the boot when I was too close an put my foot under the bumper (fender), but if a shock as it brushed past my head.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I have had the car plugged in (home wall box or granny lead), the car gets to 80% and stops charging.

I go and unlock the car doors and then try to remove cable. Nothing.
I press the external release button, nothing, (once car started charging again)
On screen inside it says lock charge cable (indicating it to be unlocked?), I toggle lock and unlock. Go and remove cable.

Just seems a bit random when it wants to relinquish the cable lock. I can hear the mechanism doing stuff.
That's the problem. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I'm jealous of the European headlights. Unfortunately, ours will suffer from required amber patches on the sides. ('Hard to find good pictures of the amber modification for the North American market.)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm jealous of the European headlights. Unfortunately, ours will suffer from required amber patches on the sides. ('Hard to find good pictures of the amber modification for the North American market.)
First I've heard of this. Is this for the turn signals? Is there a difference between the European and NA rules on this? Not surprising, but not something I had heard about before....

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I'm pretty sure all cars in North America have to have an amber reflector near the front of the car and red reflectors near the rear so when you nose out of a driveway or back out of one, oncoming traffic can better see you.

I replaced the reflectors on my BMW E92 easily, but it looks like we'll be stuck with these. Unless of course, there's a way to remove the headlight assembly, open it up, remove the reflectors, and put it all back together. 😬

1 - 10 of 10 Posts