Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car due in November. Everything in place - home charger, cheap(er) overnight electric tariff etc.
Finding the UK Polestar website a bit of a hassle. Logging on to my account is very hit and miss (usually miss!).
I'm prepared to put up with a few teething problems as an early adopter, but certain things seem inexcusable - such as not having the Polestar2Connect app available at launch, and many cars (apparently) not getting a thorough PDI before delivery.
But I'm sure we'll get there.
Stay safe.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Welcome! What flavor of specs did you choose?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Prof.
The car comes pretty well stacked, so the only extra's I needed were the tow hitch, for the bike, and the additional boot liner, for the dog.
Really looking forward to November.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Thank you, Prof.
The car comes pretty well stacked, so the only extra's I needed were the tow hitch, for the bike, and the additional boot liner, for the dog.
Really looking forward to November.
I have similar needs, coincidentally. Color? Performance pack?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Car due in November. Everything in place - home charger, cheap(er) overnight electric tariff etc.
Finding the UK Polestar website a bit of a hassle. Logging on to my account is very hit and miss (usually miss!).
I'm prepared to put up with a few teething problems as an early adopter, but certain things seem inexcusable - such as not having the Polestar2Connect app available at launch, and many cars (apparently) not getting a thorough PDI before delivery.
But I'm sure we'll get there.
Stay safe.
Just waiting on my Magnesium Polestar 2 to arrive - just had the phonecall as I was typing!! "Neil" from Polestar delivery has two on the back of the truck so someone else in central Scotland may be in for a delivery today too....?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi iFg70,
Not me I'm afraid. I'm still showing November! Good luck to you, and whoever the other one is. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another member from Scotland now signed up. Delivery not till December for us as we had cancelled a previous order (changed colour) after a test drive in Salford. So back to the end of the queue for us!
Interesting to hear about deliveries in Scotland as I had previously engaged with Taggarts in Glasgow ( Volvo dealership) on the phone regarding delivery to my local Volvo dealership but I got nil response to that query.
So imagine my surprise when I spotted about 15 Polestar’s in their yard mid September. Curiosity got the better of me and went in and asked why they were there and was told they will be main service point for Scotland and they were doing pdi checks and sending out to customers. The actual quote was “yes they are there but they’re not there!!”
Just wonder if the driver was from Taggarts or from elsewhere and to be honest I don’t wish delivery at my home address as we reside on quite a busy road so will therefore discuss nearer to the time of delivery.

Hi iFg70,
Not me I'm afraid. I'm still showing November! Good luck to you, and whoever the other one is. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Car delivered and the second one on the trailer off to near Edinburgh (as the post from Tintin said, the stock of cars are stored up at Volvo Glasgow! I think my one has been there for about a month). About to go and try and use some of the 90+% charge having spent about one hour "playing" with the set up inside. No first aid kit or jack - will be sent out when in the country as per other posts. Magnesium colour definitely more white that silver in the autumn sun. I will have to find somewhere photogenic to set the car in rather than my driveway.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iFG70,
Congratulations, it looks grand. Hope all goes well😄
I wonder now whether my car is sitting in Taggarts yard waiting for me to finish paying!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Car delivered and the second one on the trailer off to near Edinburgh (as the post from Tintin said, the stock of cars are stored up at Volvo Glasgow! I think my one has been there for about a month). About to go and try and use some of the 90+% charge having spent about one hour "playing" with the set up inside. No first aid kit or jack - will be sent out when in the country as per other posts. Magnesium colour definitely more white that silver in the autumn sun. I will have to find somewhere photogenic to set the car in rather than my driveway.
Looking forward to more pics!
Just a bit curious but did you get allocated an ‘S’ registration to indicate registration in Scotland and are they the newer plates with a green band on one side to indicate all electric?

·
Registered
9 Posts
iFG70,
Congratulations, it looks grand. Hope all goes well😄
I wonder now whether my car is sitting in Taggarts yard waiting for me to finish paying!
I’m passing by tomorrow I’ll take a look and see what’s left in the yard!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looking forward to more pics!
Just a bit curious but did you get allocated an ‘S’ registration to indicate registration in Scotland and are they the newer plates with a green band on one side to indicate all electric?
No it is OV70.... and no green band. All the cars / photos I have seen have been OV registration. As an aside, I got the registration papers through about 2 weeks ago (delay due to issues between Energy Savings Trust and Polestar over the requirements for an invoice. My actual handover was originally due to be "early")

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shame no ‘S’ reg, wonder if they offer you the option of sticking a private plate on if you wish before delivery.
The invoice situation is still ongoing as I’m in a similar situation and energy saving trust are chasing Polestar regarding this. I was told finance dept have to wait till your car order is ‘locked in’ and you can confirm your order online before they’ll issue it. It’s reassuring to hear you got it sorted in the end.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did consider the private reg number, but after seeing a circa £400 cost from the DVLA (S*70 PSZ for example), AND the hassles on the invoicing, I thought it might be too much for Polestar "systems" to cope with.
Just keep chasing both EST and Polestar Support who in turn chase the Volvo UK Finance department. I would have to say that Polestar Support were excellent and it appeared to me that they kept the delivery "on track" as far as possible. So good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I requested that Polestar plate my car with my Personal Registration Number at first registration. They asked for a copy of my Retention Certificate, which I duly sent. They tell me this has been added to my file.
So, we'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breath!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had a quick visit to Taggart’s to see what was lurking in their compound. Can’t physically get inside as it’s a locked area but there were a few cars near the fence so grabbed a couple of pics, apologies for not great quality and weather was piss poor!

Don’t know if my eyes were deceiving me but I’m sure the drivers door decal was not straight on the magnesium one close to the fence.
Surprised that got through inspection!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, looks like a dozen or so cars there. I had no idea there would be so many early buyers in Scotland.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Had a quick visit to Taggart’s to see what was lurking in their compound. Can’t physically get inside as it’s a locked area but there were a few cars near the fence so grabbed a couple of pics, apologies for not great quality and weather was piss poor!

Don’t know if my eyes were deceiving me but I’m sure the drivers door decal was not straight on the magnesium one close to the fence.
Surprised that got through inspection!
View attachment 1047
The same guy put mine on 🙁

1 - 20 of 36 Posts