Polestar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking delivery yesterday, I was keen to get out and about.

Showing off to the family this morning with a 'Hey google, take me to Bakewell'

The Sat Nav worked a treat all the way there, however, after parking up for a few hours and then returning to the car. The connectivity signal at the top left of the centre display dropped, which is now showing a x through the signal symbol.

I've spoken to Polestar Support who recommended the connectivity reset.
Two methods, which I've attached;

Hold down the front demister button for 40 seconds.
Disconnect mobile data then press and hold the home button at the base of the display to reset.

Unfortunately, neither worked.

Polestar are speaking to my local Volvo dealer, with a view to taking the car into the garage.

After owning the car for just over 24hrs, a trip to the garage is something I'd like to avoid.

Any suggestions, welcome.

Thank you

Bren

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Firstly welcome @Bren1884 , and welcome to the P2 patchy 4G connectivity! (particularly in the UK). Don't worry, if that ends up being your worse issue, then it can't be all the bad.

Pressing the home button to do a infotainment reset, toggling 4G on/off, neither of which have been that successful for me. The only one that works for me (most of the time) is the demister button (make sure you're doing the front and not the rear??). However if your car got delivered yesterday it may well be on the latest firmware in which case people are reporting that the demister reset no longer works.

Failing that, it can just come back on it's own (more often than not), when you leave the car and lock up for a few hours/next day.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firstly welcome @Bren1884 , and welcome to the P2 patchy 4G connectivity! (particularly in the UK). Don't worry, if that ends up being your worse issue, then it can't be all the bad.

Pressing the home button to do a infotainment reset, toggling 4G on/off, neither of which have been that successful for me. The only one that works for me (most of the time) is the demister button (make sure you're doing the front and not the rear??). However if your car got delivered yesterday it may well be on the latest firmware in which case people are reporting that the demister reset no longer works.

Failing that, it can just come back on it's own (more often than not), when you leave the car and lock up for a few hours/next day.
Thank you @whiteco3

I wouldn't be surprised if it's working perfectly tomorrow. However, I'm booked in with Volvo in the morning, hopefully a quick fix.. Strangely, even though I've no connectivity, I can still lock and unlock the car with my phone! Perhaps that's via bluetooth. 🤷‍♂️

I'll keep you posted with how I get on with Volvo. I'll ask them if there's a 'new' reset button following the recent update.

Thanks again, Bren

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good shout @Kerbs (y) I can see why that might work. I've just given it a go, but unfortunately no change.
Doing infotainment reset, TCAM reset then mobile data off, infotainment reset and mobile data back on while doing a rain dance sacrificing a goat has a 100% chance of working 60% of the time.

Seriously though, I've just sat there doing various combinations of on/off resets and eventually it will go LTE with X and then LTE and back in business

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Just fired up the car and we now have a connection again. It’s sorted itself out overnight.
Maybe it goes into some deeper sleep mode when left overnight or a little longer than usual.
I’d like to know what that deeper sleep mode is, so as to try and replicate it should the issue return.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,640 Posts
I'd make sure the car has the latest firmware on it as my LTE was patchy last weekend on the previous software. The latest software is supposed to help this.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 - Void
2 Posts
So I had the same problem, one day last week, then yesterday all day, no 4G, no WIFI, no GPS either. I read all the other posts on the forum, nothing worked, EXCEPT (it seems like each customer service person has a different tip and doesn't know how they all work together?) What did work: Shut down car completely (holding down play button then saying yes to shutdown or going to car menu, going to more and selecting 'power down vehicle), then once outside the car, you need to lock it and let it sit. The communication module obviously then got reset overnight, this morning everything was working again.

There was one other thing I didn't try: Doing a mmu reset, then trying the defroster button trick. Defroster button did nothing the 10 times I tried it before, but no one told me to do it first thing after the mmu reset. If it happens again, I will try that first before doing the shut down and lock. Wanted to contribute since I'm very happy I don't need to bring it in to fix anything. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,229 Posts
It depends if the car was delivered to you on the latest update or not. The fact that you've lost GPS as well as LTE suggests you're on a recent software update as this was a nice regression they introduced... before we only used to use LTE and the GPS would stay working.

Try the following more specific routine:-

1) Press and release the front demister button - it's the inner one nearest the volume knob. The light will illuminate orange and the fans will start blowing.

2) Now press and hold the same button and keep it held for about 20 seconds. When you let go, the light will go white again and if you look up to the overhead panel, you should see the SOS light flashing.

Within about a minute service should be restored.

This method was 100% reliable on my car.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 - Void
2 Posts
Ah got it! Thanks for that, I was wondering if it was a fresh push or a 2nd push. Will do that as well (if?) it happens again. And yes, I just picked up my car on 5/27th, and I was told it had the latest update installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts