Polestar Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
687 Posts
Why do you go to a dealer to get a tyre replaced? Why not just any tyreshop? Is this something unique to the US market? Here in the UK a main dealer is the last place to visit for tyres...
Same here. I use a local America's Tire for most tire needs, last place I would go is the dealer.

· Registered
10,854 Posts
Why do you go to a dealer to get a tyre replaced? Why not just any tyreshop? Is this something unique to the US market? Here in the UK a main dealer is the last place to visit for tyres...
I understand that a dealer may not want/be able to service a P2, but any shop with a tire machine should be able to replace a tire. Any gas station, any tire shop, any Toyota dealer for that matter. Although I agree that the dealer is probably the worst (and most expensive) place to go for this job.

· Registered
174 Posts
It was dropped off @ 3 am after waiting for a flatbed for over 2 hours. The Volvo dealership was 12 miles away and I felt better leaving it there than some random tire shop overnight.

• Wow
Reactions: Bl4ckD0g

· Registered
888 Posts
Not sure why you'd want to take it to a Volvo dealer a
It was dropped off @ 3 am after waiting for a flatbed for over 2 hours. The Volvo dealership was 12 miles away and I felt better leaving it there than some random tire shop overnight.
Let's see if you still think that after you see what they charge for a tire vs the tire shop :)

I kid though, at that time of morning I'd just be glad to be done with the situation

· Registered
174 Posts
I think the tire was $280+ at TireRack without installation and tax.
I paid $340 installed at dealer.
Not gonna break the bank…Again at 3am I thought was the safest bet in an unfamiliar area.

Reactions: Tacoenthusiast

· Registered
2,066 Posts
I'm shocked, sadly I've had to use such services in the past myself but they would always take it to their secure compound and then take it to my garage of choice when they open and can fit it in....To just drop it in the night seems alien to me...

· Registered
174 Posts
Yes. Got the flat Wednesday night. Transported to other Volvo dealership next day. Tire installed the following day. Then had car dropped off at my house.

· Registered
4,487 Posts
My local Volvo dealer has been terrific about tires and whatnot. I used them because they have a gigantic service shop and it can be tricky to mount tires on the 20" PP rims and not scratch them... (A local independent guy who works on Volvos and has a great reputation didn't want to try telling me he was worried about the fancy rims.)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.