Polestar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for accepting me.

I'm from the UK (like a lot of recent sign-ups it would seem) and currently a petrol car owner who's thinking of making the switch to electric.

Very impressed with Polestar - and hope to find out more about them from here. 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum @KAS-118! Are you considering any other EVs along with the Polestar 2?
Hi KeyMajor - thanks.

Yes; although its the 'boring/predictable' option of a Tesla 3. To be honest not much interests me at the moment.

I won't be making any final decisions until I've had the chance to do a road test on both - but at the moment the Polestar is my favoured option - I just think its got better build quality - plus its got that Saab 900/9-3 look about it which I've always admired.

Although the performance version of the Tesla is quicker - to me, the Polestar 2 is quick enough - and I prefer the fact that the Polestar 2 is narrower and slightly shorter.

I certainly think that for its first full-EV, Polestar have pitched the '2' perfectly.

Registered
Hi KeyMajor - thanks.

Yes; although its the 'boring/predictable' option of a Tesla 3. To be honest not much interests me at the moment.

I won't be making any final decisions until I've had the chance to do a road test on both - but at the moment the Polestar is my favoured option - I just think its got better build quality - plus its got that Saab 900/9-3 look about it which I've always admired.

Although the performance version of the Tesla is quicker - to me, the Polestar 2 is quick enough - and I prefer the fact that the Polestar 2 is narrower and slightly shorter.

I certainly think that for its first full-EV, Polestar have pitched the '2' perfectly.
Polestar has certainly done a lot of things right with the Polestar 2, especially with the build quality. Everything inside feels solid and high quality compared to Tesla. They still have a few things to work on, especially with servicing but as far as the car itself goes they nailed it.

Registered
@KAS-118 The Model 3 isn't just boring/predictable but there's a ton of problem with them. You should be better off with the Polestar 2. Have you seen any of these cars in person yet? Build quality of the Model 3 might surprise you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
@KAS-118 The Model 3 isn't just boring/predictable but there's a ton of problem with them. You should be better off with the Polestar 2. Have you seen any of these cars in person yet? Build quality of the Model 3 might surprise you.
Hi Darius, the Model 3 yes, the Polestar no.

i think the build quality on the Model 3 is OK (but then I鈥檝e driven Alfa鈥檚 for the last 20+ years 馃ぃ) but I have had a look at Volvo鈥檚 which do come across as very high build quality).

I鈥檓 sure you鈥檙e right - and the Polestar will knock spits of the Tesla 馃憤

1 - 6 of 6 Posts