Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Magnesium P+
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I got a parking ticket in the pearl 3 years ago as well for the same reason! I kept the front plate in the glove box ever since and just put it in the window when I park in metered spots. Haven’t had an issue since.

The front plate is only basically for parking enforcement so they don’t have to walk around to the back of your car 🤣

enjoy the new ride @1Flip

347 Posts
Hi there! New member! Just got a Polestar 2 Pilot Plus in Magnesium a few weeks ago and looking forward to chatting with other owners. This is our first EV and we have been super happy with it after a lot of research and competitive test drives.

Anyone else in Portland, Oregon?

View attachment 18708
Gorgeous!!!! Love the wheels.

·
Registered
2023 P2 LRSM Plus Midnight
9 Posts
I got a parking ticket in the pearl 3 years ago as well for the same reason! I kept the front plate in the glove box ever since and just put it in the window when I park in metered spots. Haven’t had an issue since.

The front plate is only basically for parking enforcement so they don’t have to walk around to the back of your car 🤣

enjoy the new ride @1Flip
I ordered a no drill front plate bracket from Sly Brackets. The one I got for my model 3 has worked well for 2 years. Put the one Easton gave me in a closet since I don’t want holes drilled in my P2.

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Magnesium P+
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

@Polestar2ElectricBoogaloo thanks! I went back and forth on the 19s or 20s. I decided on the 19s because they ride a little softer which is nice around town with all of the potholes. I had very low profile tires on my last car and was constantly worried about them. I was concerned with how the 19s would look but I’m really happy with them!

·
Registered
‘22 P2 LRDM, Thunder, PP, Pilot, & Plus
27 Posts
I ordered a no drill front plate bracket from Sly Brackets. The one I got for my model 3 has worked well for 2 years. Put the one Easton gave me in a closet since I don’t want holes drilled in my P2.
Likewise, picked up the Sly Bracket (on Easton's recommendation). Just put it on this weekend. Works great, and very happy to not have holes drilled in my bumper.

·
Registered
2023 P2 LRSM Plus Midnight
9 Posts
@OR_David @aawalker92 how does it attached? Does it clamp to the lower grille fins? Any issue with scratches or anything?
It does for the one on my Tesla and keeps it away so no scratches. The one I ordered for P2 is here tomorrow and I will update and post pics when I install it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It does for the one on my Tesla and keeps it away so no scratches. The one I ordered for P2 is here tomorrow and I will update and post pics when I install it.
I'll try to post a pic later. But it attaches to the black plastic slats on the front. Nothing there is painted, so no scratches. Really pretty firm attachment. You do need to add the "leveler" when purchasing otherwise the license plate will be angled forward (top out, bottom in).

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is the Sly Bracket. It is kind of hard to see, and I didn’t want to stand out there in the rain taking a bunch of pics. But this gives you a sense of how the plate hangs on the front. I like that it keeps it from touching the painted portions of the number. The bracket itself clips over the top of that top slat. You can adjust the face (where the plate is) up or down depending on preference.

Now I just need to pop back into the Portland Space to get the nice ”Polestar Portland” frame that they have.

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Magnesium P+
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hey everyone, you may have heard the Portland was just awarded the best city for EV ownership in the Us!

·
Registered
2022 LRDM Snow Pilot Pack
2 Posts
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Hey Michael. Have a 2022 Snow PS2 that I bought in May. I live in Camas, but work in N. Portland so may see you around town. I have seen maybe 10 PS2’s in Portland over the past few months. Great car for commuting and fun to drive on road trips.

·
Registered
2022 DM Void Plus & Pilot 19 inch tires
174 Posts
If you all have not done so already, driving down to the coast on 26 is an awesome ride in our cars.
Have done the drive with and without ACC and have to say that the ACC did great with the added lane assist option.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts