Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Magnesium P+
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Went on my first trip and left the P2 at PDX for 6 days. It only lost 2% of charge... while on the trip I rented a Mercedes CLA for the trip and was so excited to… return that hunk of garbage! I couldn’t believe just how bad everything felt from the shifter to the sound the trunk made when I shut it, to the weary 4 cylinder and terrible 7 speed automatic transmission that spent half the trip trying to figure out what gear to be in. Was so happy to get home and drive this again!
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Magnesium P+
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
I'm chatting with Gary over at the Portland Space about it now, they might participate in some form. I'm thinking of maybe meeting up at the Stumptown on SE Division. They have a pretty large parking lot for a coffee shop in the city and it we get there on the early side I'm sure we would fill it up. They also have a big outdoor seating area and a roll up door for the inside seating.... plus they are a B Corp so maybe I can ping them and get them to chip in....

Maybe early on a Saturday morning? What do you all think? @PNWWanderer @aawalker92 @soyouwanttotalkabout @OR_David @in2insight @Nick_Arin ....

Rectangle Product Azure Font Parallel
Plant Sky Building Window Cloud

Cloud Sky Plant Building Road surface

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm chatting with Gary over at the Portland Space about it now, they might participate in some form. I'm thinking of maybe meeting up at the Stumptown on SE Division. They have a pretty large parking lot for a coffee shop in the city and it we get there on the early side I'm sure we would fill it up. They also have a big outdoor seating area and a roll up door for the inside seating.... plus they are a B Corp so maybe I can ping them and get them to chip in....

Maybe early on a Saturday morning? What do you all think? @PNWWanderer @aawalker92 @soyouwanttotalkabout @OR_David @in2insight @Nick_Arin ....

View attachment 19086 View attachment 19088
View attachment 19087
Sounds like a great plan!

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Thunder
6 Posts
Hi there! New member! Just got a Polestar 2 Pilot Plus in Magnesium a few weeks ago and looking forward to chatting with other owners. This is our first EV and we have been super happy with it after a lot of research and competitive test drives.

Anyone else in Portland, Oregon?

View attachment 18708
Nice Polestar! I am in Hillsboro OR. Got mine in January. 2022 Thunder. Welcome to the club, I am starting to see more around the metro, used to be very rare to see another Polestar on the road.

·
Registered
2023 LR AWD Midnight Plus/Pilot/Zinc Nappa
20 Posts
What was the front plate holder Eastin sent you? He was suppose to send me one but forgot. I had one on my Tesla because I didn’t want to drill into the bumper. He told me they make one like that for the Polestar. Definitely need that type. FYI Midnight with Zinc Nappa leather. stunning. Just had it ceramic coated and Full PPF on the front. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
‘22 P2 LRDM, Thunder, PP, Pilot, & Plus
27 Posts
What was the front plate holder Eastin sent you? He was suppose to send me one but forgot. I had one on my Tesla because I didn’t want to drill into the bumper. He told me they make one like that for the Polestar. Definitely need that type. FYI Midnight with Zinc Nappa leather. stunning. Just had it ceramic coated and Full PPF on the front. Well worth the money.
Slybrackets.com

You need the "leveler" as well. I also did the "4-screw holder" version. Very secure.

·
Registered
2023 LR AWD Midnight Plus/Pilot/Zinc Nappa
20 Posts
Slybrackets.com

You need the "leveler" as well. I also did the "4-screw holder" version. Very secure.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Magnesium P+
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
Went to Astoria today to test out a longer drive. The car went from 90% down to 50% (we took a really winding way to get there kind of through the mountains). Found a Blink charger right across from a bakery cafe downtown, so we got free parking and grabbed lunch while it charged. Left Astoria 90 minutes later at 75% charge (it was a slower 50 amp charger) and got back home with 40% taking Rt 30 home along the Columbia. Wanted to test it out.

I saw another Polestar (black) as I was turning onto SE 28th just south of Holgate. Maybe one of you?

Vehicle Gadget Automotive design Font Audio equipment

Ecoregion Map World Font Urban design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Ecoregion Map Water Line World

·
Registered
‘22 P2 LRDM, Thunder, PP, Pilot, & Plus
27 Posts
Great quick report. I have done two coastal trips in the Polestar. One I drove from my offices in Hillsboro to Seaside and back to Hillsboro. I stayed the night in Seaside but didn't charge. Basically left Hillsboro area with 90% charge, got back with 30s (I think, it was a few months ago). There is not great charging infrastructure in Seaside.

I then did an overnight to Pacific City. I left my home in Lake Oswego with a completely full 100%. It was quite blustery on the way out. I drove down McMinnville and Grande Ronde and cut up at Grande Ronde. Arrive in Pacific City with like 56% (again, from memory). Was going to roll the dice on the drive home and hope to get home with 12%. But I stayed at the Inn at Cape Kiwanda and they have shared ownership with the fancier place across the street which has two Tesla destination chargers. These are Level 2 chargers and if you ask at the front desk they have an adapter. So, topped back up to 90% while I was in my meetings all day and left the next day with battery to spare.

The third road trip I did was to take the boy down to Eugene for ESPN College GameDay a few weeks back (the UCLA game). We left the house in Lake Oswego at oh-dark-thirty (2:30 to be precise) with 90%. It was too early for me to recall what battery state I had when I got there, or when I moved cars before the actual game, or when I got in the car after the game (Go Ducks!). But we headed over to the EA station in Springfield where there are only 4 (I think) working chargers and two were occupied with vehicles topping up over 100% and unattended. The other two had people there. Had to wait about 15 mins until a slot opened up, topped up, missed most of the post-game traffic and let the boy drive us home.

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Magnesium P+
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
@OR_David I forgot to bring my travel charger with us and as we climbed up in elevation and I saw the charge drop I did get a little anxious! Getting the Blink charger to work took a little finagling, but I downloaded their app and I was able to charge as guest without making an account after I figured out the right sequence of hitting charge and then connecting the car.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts