Polestar Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 P2 LRDM, Thunder, PP, Pilot, & Plus
27 Posts
Also, there is an EA station in Warrenton. I haven't used it yet as I haven't done the Astoria run in the P*. Mine is a 2022, so I would go a little out of my way to get some free charging at an EA.

Other than the charging and mild range anxiety, those drives to the coast in the P* are just excellent!

·
Registered
2022 DM Void Plus & Pilot 19 inch tires
174 Posts
@Michael DiTullo Which roads did you take to Astoria? Looks awesome.

The EA station in Warrenton (Next to Freddie's) is pretty good with the 4 chargers in mostly good working order and little congestion. I park and charge there weekly while shopping at Natural Grocers across the street.

·
Registered
‘22 P2 LRDM, Thunder, PP, Pilot, & Plus
27 Posts
Yah, the elimination of the free 2 year EA charging AND the no Fed tax credit was quite the bummer for the 2023.
Indeed. I had a '23 on order (scheduled for March 23 delivery). When the tax credit went away and P* announced dropping the free charging, I jumped on a preconfigured '22. I am really glad I did for a couple of reasons, but the primary one is that I got Performance pack that I was not intending to spec out in my build. The free charging is a nice bonus, but now that I've installed Level 2 in the garage it really is only a bonus for longer roadtrips (Bend, Seattle, Eugene). I am holding out faint and dying hope that the IRS will find a way to let me thread my '22 preconfigured into the tax credit scheme. But realistically that's just lost money. Alas, was not willing to wait or jump to Tesla for it.

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Magnesium P+
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
@in2insight I had no idea this route even existed! it was such a winding way to get there. My wife spotted it on Apple Maps which is maybe why I never saw it.

So the route was:

Highway 30 to Scappoose from Portland
Scappoose Veronia Highway for 20 miles
Nehalem Highway N for 11 miles
OR-202 for 44 miles

Beautiful stretches of forest, lots of twisty turns and elevation changes.

Ecoregion Map World Line Parallel

Font Number Circle Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
2022 DM Void Plus & Pilot 19 inch tires
174 Posts
@in2insight I had no idea this route even existed! it was such a winding way to get there. My wife spotted it on Apple Maps which is maybe why I never saw it.

So the route was:

Highway 30 to Scappoose from Portland
Scappoose Veronia Highway for 20 miles
Nehalem Highway N for 11 miles
OR-202 for 44 miles

Beautiful stretches of forest, lots of twisty turns and elevation changes.

View attachment 19618
View attachment 19617
Wow, that looks AWESOME. Going to give it a go soon. Thank you and a big thanks to your wife for "discovering" this drive.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts