Polestar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously looking to commit to buying a Polestar 2..... (either Snow or Magnesium... not sure yet!). also not sure about PP versus non PP

I've been reading all the online reviews.... and I have a couple of questions

Firstly, is the ride with the performance pack uncomfortably firm ... lots of reviewers say it is ... anyone who has driven both PP & non PP have a view on this?

Also, anyone had a problem with DC charging handshake failing? I know it is a problem with some other EVs.

Would love to get the views of owners / those who have test-driven

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome!

Definitely get yourself a test drive before ordering, if only to see the cars in the flesh!

We have the Magnesium so are biased, but we love the colour. It changes a lot depending on sun etc.

Ride firmness is very subjective. We have the non-PP and find the ride a little firmer than the Tesla M3 Performance especially on the more uneven bumpy roads.
There is a problem with the DC cable supplied with the car to the UK only being 16Amp and not 32, which could limit charge rate. A Youtube review yesterday identified there is a problem with handshaking on some rapid chargers which he thinks may be due to loss of handshake during charging. I think the jury is still out on this one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
P.S. Several of us who have test driven and now got our cars have put our thoughts on the forum.
Yeah, I'm one of them and I was very worried about firmness after all the reviews. Ordered the PP anyway and was massively relieved after my test drive as I honestly didn't find it any firmer than a standard German sedan. Worst case I can adjust the dampers if after extended driving I find it too firm but as toscal says, it appears a lot of people differ on their judgement of what they find firm. With the non-PP, there have been some reviews that also mention it has a firm ride....and with that, you're pretty much stuck.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Also, based on Bjorn's noise test, the PP has slightly quieter tyres than the non-PP...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P.S. Several of us who have test driven and now got our cars have put our thoughts on the forum.
Seriously looking to commit to buying a Polestar 2..... (either Snow or Magnesium... not sure yet!). also not sure about PP versus non PP

I've been reading all the online reviews.... and I have a couple of questions

Firstly, is the ride with the performance pack uncomfortably firm ... lots of reviewers say it is ... anyone who has driven both PP & non PP have a view on this?

Also, anyone had a problem with DC charging handshake failing? I know it is a problem with some other EVs.

Would love to get the views of owners / those who have test-driven
Note that every region gets different makes sometimes.
Thanks to everyone who replied to my post..... most helpful... apparently there is a Polestar Space opening in west London in a few weeks ... so I will try to get a test drive sorted and hopefully see some colour swatches... great forum guys ..... really useful information... will keep you posted on how it goes

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
According to Bjorn's test the £5k performance pack gives you slower 0-60.
Must be all that gold weighing it down View attachment 802
It may be the sports mode. It takes off the esc and somehow it might affect the times. Not sure, but he should have tried both ways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts