Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just ordered a PS2 Void, Charcoal and nothing else, looks a reasonable spec to me. Transferring from a VW GTE Estate in Advance spec which is also good enough (almost) to accepted 'as is'.

I must admit that I normally do loads of research before buying which includes forums and I think if I had done that I might have gone elsewhere! I accept that new models have teething issues but some owners have really been put through the mill. Not ideal when you hope your getting a good one! I do at least see evidence of improvements in the pipeline and it's usually the case that complaints are louder than praise.

Anyhow, it's done now... I am still excited and I hope it doesnt take too long although I don't need it until April. I ordered from a leasing company but have had no contact for a week so I am not sure what's happening.

Any guidance on deliveries for UK orders placed very recently?

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Hi All,

Just ordered a PS2 Void, Charcoal and nothing else, looks a reasonable spec to me. Transferring from a VW GTE Estate in Advance spec which is also good enough (almost) to accepted 'as is'.

I must admit that I normally do loads of research before buying which includes forums and I think if I had done that I might have gone elsewhere! I accept that new models have teething issues but some owners have really been put through the mill. Not ideal when you hope your getting a good one! I do at least see evidence of improvements in the pipeline and it's usually the case that complaints are louder than praise.

Anyhow, it's done now... I am still excited and I hope it doesnt take too long although I don't need it until April. I ordered from a leasing company but have had no contact for a week so I am not sure what's happening.

Any guidance on deliveries for UK orders placed very recently?

Regards,

Dave
welcome!
Is Dave an inordinately common name over there?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you and yes, there are lots of us and seeminly all requiring Polestars. We will take over the UK...approximately 200 miles at a time.:cool:

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Hi Dave.
My last car was a Passat GTE advance.
Stop copying weirdo!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please don't tell me you had the 'wood effect' trim!!

Reactions: Terran

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Hi Dave.
My last car was a Passat GTE advance.
Stop copying weirdo!
Go ahead and copy unusual, unique, quirky, fun, interesting... but "weirdo?" No. Weirdo is taken.

(Grammar is sort of a thing with me and a comma can sometimes make a big difference. So there.)

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Go ahead and copy unusual, unique, quirky, fun, interesting... but "weirdo?" No. Weirdo is taken.

(Grammar is sort of a thing with me and a comma can sometimes make a big difference. So there.)
Is pedant the correct word here? Everyone has been asking me

·
Registered
764 Posts
welcome!
Is Dave an inordinately common name over there?
Oh yes, the UK even has a TV channel called "Dave"

Anyhoo, welcome Dave. You've already met @dave. In all circumstances, if someone's taking a pot-shot at "dave" don't worry, it's that one we mean.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 stickerless Moon on 19s, non PP, tow bar
59 Posts
Sorry, wasn't this about ordering a new P*2?
I echo Stevelup's comments above. Definitely the best car I have ever had to. and I am prepared to put up with the early software glitches.
Its obviously worrying to read the bad experience that some have had and I am very wary about having similar problems, but so far I am simple enjoying the car.
I'd say good choice Overunity.
Can't offer any advice on leasing though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ProfessorCook - Like it or not that 'Dave' is an American...

charles42 - Thanks for the response, I have no regrets and can live with some development. My VW GTE has been good and I have found myself drifting towards using electric as much as possible so moving to all electric is quite exciting.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts