Polestar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent hours trying to get our car to charge from our existing Podpoint 30A tethered unit. Connected up, light on port and dash go green and message 'initiating charging' displays.... and stays there. Nothing happening.
Fiddled and farted about disconnecting, reconnecting etc etc and no joy.
Then i noticed - the bottom section of the car port has a rubber cover, secured to the car by a very thin flexible rubber strap. This had found its way into the side of the Type 2 port. It was thin enough to have pushed right in yet big enough to prevent a clean connection.
Pulled it back and Hey Presto! all good. charging now at 25A (stepped down to prevent freezer tripping)
Moral of the story - make sure the tiny black strap is well clear of the top port!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's obvious in the photo above, but when peering into the port in bright sunlight or perhaps also at night that little loop is not so obvious, especially when it is aligned into the gap already between the pin socket block and the type 2 housing.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Sorry, misread your post - thought you wrote “when peeing into the port” - thought for a moment I’d identified the problem!
My friend, Jonathan, and I peed into a floor receptacle after swimming lessons one day when we were 10 years old. We were greated for that effort by an 8" high blue flame resulting in much panic and running around. No real disaster after that. 'Told the parents water had dripped off the towels.

Bottom line? Yeah... don't pee in any electrical device. It probably won't go well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts