Polestar Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
This video on @Fishouttawater 's post shows the US charging cable:

At the ~5:07 mark you can see there's a NEMA 14-50 plug on there and then they can take that off.

To be confirmed, but I imagine in the US we will get one charging cable that can handle regular 110V outlets (NEMA 5-20) as well as L2 plugs (NEMA 14-50, 6-50), by switching out the plugs with the screw-on adapters. And luckily it seems the cable is beefy enough that it should handle a good amount of amps, although that's certainly TBD given what's happening in the UK!

·
Registered
97 Posts
This video on @Fishouttawater 's post shows the US charging cable:

At the ~5:07 mark you can see there's a NEMA 14-50 plug on there and then they can take that off.

To be confirmed, but I imagine in the US we will get one charging cable that can handle regular 110V outlets (NEMA 5-20) as well as L2 plugs (NEMA 14-50, 6-50), by switching out the plugs with the screw-on adapters. And luckily it seems the cable is beefy enough that it should handle a good amount of amps, although that's certainly TBD given what's happening in the UK!
I totally missed that, nice spot!

·
Registered
10 Posts
With a looming delivery of October/November I’ve gone for a Zappi home charger (in black) and am having it installed today in readiness. I have heard good things about it despite it being a slightly more expensive unit. Not sure if anyone has got one of these and has any decent tips/tricks before I use it in anger. Pics to follow.

By the way have gone for a tethered unit so I can keep the other cables in the car at all times.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts