Polestar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Snow, slate, ordered Nov 2020
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up today for a P2 test drive delivered to my house fifty miles outside of New York City. Scheduled for next Saturday. I am amazed they would be willing to do that since it would be unlikely that the test car and driver will do more than two a day. I guess they are hoping that there is marketing value of others seeing a P2 on the road. I did a test drive in Manhattan last month which was a great intro but not representative of my typical drive. I now get to drive it on the roads I do daily and the home delivery offer let’s me introduce the car to my wife. A great strategy if they can afford to keep doing it. Has anyone had a home delivery test drive?

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
883 Posts
yep!
If possible, choose a meeting spot near the head of a nice drive so you can test it on a fun stretch instead of just zooming red light to red light.

They should call closer to the date/time. At that time ask the handler what their schedule is that day to see if you can squeeze in X more min. There's a good chance you could get some more time to risk losing your license thoroughly test its features!

·
Registered
California | 2
55 Posts
I did this, just had them meet me at home. I'm really not that far from SF, but I wanted to minimize number of people I'd be near. And I got to test the exact fun roads I typically use in my other cars.

I really appreciate that they're doing this.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
144 Posts
We had a test drive at home - we are about an hour north of NYC, in Westchester. I thought they would be coming from NYC, but the woman who came for our test drive was based in CT (Norwalk I believe)...

·
Registered
Snow, slate, ordered Nov 2020
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had a test drive at home - we are about an hour north of NYC, in Westchester. I thought they would be coming from NYC, but the woman who came for our test drive was based in CT (Norwalk I believe)...
That makes sense. I guess they have given some cars to testers in the tri-state region.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts