Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just noticed this today, but there's a pretty obvious difference in the alignment of the hood/fender between the driver's and passenger side of the car, just over the wheel arch. I don't see any obvious dents, and considering the guy at the space showed how to close the hood by slamming the hell out of it I'm a little concerned they messed up the alignment. I sent an email to CS, see what they say.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,568 Posts
How does it look from the side? Because of the curve of the hood edge on mine from the side the gap looks even throughout, but from the top I can see it seems to over lap more at the top closer to the windshield than the bottom/front.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does it look from the side? Because of the curve of the hood edge on mine from the side the gap looks even throughout, but from the top I can see it seems to over lap more at the top closer to the windshield than the bottom/front.
It looks pretty normal from the side. I noticed it because you could feel a pretty significant difference in the seam when the hood was closed.

I accept I could just be paranoid, but if I wanted goofy panel gaps I would've ordered some other EV. 🙂

Reactions: joshuamj

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I stared at a front picture for way too long and it does look like the hood is a little bit misaligned, maybe a few mm toward the driver's side. I'm going to take better pictures of the lights and just make sure I'm not crazy.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,568 Posts
I stared at a front picture for way too long and it does look like the hood is a little bit misaligned, maybe a few mm toward the driver's side. I'm going to take better pictures of the lights and just make sure I'm not crazy.
Well you might be crazy for other reasons, and this is just one manifestation of it :)

But seriously, I sincerely doubt there is an actual asymmetry more than a fraction of a mm or so. This isn't like other EV panel gaps where it's 5mm at one end and 1mm at the other.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well you might be crazy for other reasons, and this is just one manifestation of it :)

But seriously, I sincerely doubt there is an actual asymmetry more than a fraction of a mm or so. This isn't like other EV panel gaps where it's 5mm at one end and 1mm at the other.
lol, no debate from me!

I agree that everything won't be perfect, but this looks a little out of tolerances. I took a few more pictures for CS, and top down it's a bit more obvious.
20210211_105613.jpg 20210211_105605.jpg

I'd be cool with them saying it looks within tolerances and accept that I'd have to avoid looking at my hood for a few days, but I wouldn't complain with them taking it in and, you know, updating the software. :D

·
Registered
2021 2
2,568 Posts
lol, no debate from me!

I agree that everything won't be perfect, but this looks a little out of tolerances. I took a few more pictures for CS, and top down it's a bit more obvious.
View attachment 3737 View attachment 3738

I'd be cool with them saying it looks within tolerances and accept that I'd have to avoid looking at my hood for a few days, but I wouldn't complain with them taking it in and, you know, updating the software. :D
so my day job basically amounts to finding ~mm differences in images and while I see what you're talking about, well, I think he said it best:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts