Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is the first car that I have had that has twin hood latches. When I close the hood hard enough for the driver's side (left side in the US) primary latch to catch, only the secondary or safety latch catches on the passenger (right side) of the vehicle so I have to press down on that corner separately. Does anyone else have this minor but potential safety issue?

I am wondering if it is more than just a latch adjustment because the hood to fender panel gap on the driver's side starts out fine near the headlight but doubles in size near the windshield. I'd post a pic but the car is currently getting PPF (except for the front bumper - see the Manhattan thread).

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Post a picture when you get it back, it's probably just an adjustment.

However note that I find dropping the hood gentle onto the latches, then double pressing down at the same closes it really nicely without much effort.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
I had the passenger side adjusted as I had to push to close. Now I can slam it closed. The hood seems too light to simply let it drop. The asymetrical gaps should be adjustable as well - after all, it's a PS, not a Telsa ;)

·
Registered
764 Posts
The right side on mine also does not latch with a gentle slam. It's no big deal to give it an extra little push to close fully.

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
I wouldn't call that extra push state-of-the-art. If you push down on both latches after the hood is closed, can you feel the right sight being tight while the left side can be pushed down 1-2mm? Have your dealer loosen the right side to avoid the risk of scratches and dents. My 0.02€...

·
Registered
629 Posts
To be fair when mine was delivered the handover guy said don't slam it, lower it and double push to close so that's what I've always done.
I do the same. I was instructed to do it this way on my other car's frunk to avoid a risk of damaging the sheetmetal on the hood so was already in the habit.

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
871 Posts
To be fair when mine was delivered the handover guy said don't slam it, lower it and double push to close so that's what I've always done.
Yeah, was told exactly that, right after I slammed it during handover. I expected it to close much less ...violently than it did. Not a big deal now I just drop it from a few inches and push it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts