Polestar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Midnight non-PP
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a silly question, but I'm really not sure how to get into this fuse box. Very grateful for advice.

The reason I want to get in there is that it says here Pure progressive performance | Polestar that there's a set of pliers in there. I've got an irritating rattle coming from that area that sounds like it could well be that the pliers have come loose and are jiggling around when driving at low speeds on the UK's bumpy roads.

·
Registered
Magnesium NP 19” Tow
48 Posts
This might be a silly question, but I'm really not sure how to get into this fuse box. Very grateful for advice.

The reason I want to get in there is that it says here Pure progressive performance | Polestar that there's a set of pliers in there. I've got an irritating rattle coming from that area that sounds like it could well be that the pliers have come loose and are jiggling around when driving at low speeds on the UK's bumpy roads.
Here you go... 👍
https://www.polestar-forum.com/threads/dashcam-recommendations.893/post-21626

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,712 Posts
Reactions: JPV

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are a tiny set of plastic pliers for removing the fuses in the fuse box. They press fit into a little holder. Could be the issue but I think unlikely.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Midnight non-PP
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help guys. It turned out that the rattle was caused by one of the plastic fixings on the foam panel below the fusebox not anchoring tightly to the car, so whenever the foam panel moved even slightly, the plastic fixing made a really annoying rasping noise. For now, I've just removed that fixing altogether and the rattle has gone. I'm planning to ask my local service centre to fix it properly though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Related question - how does one easily remove that foam piece located below the fuse box without completely removing the carpet, too? I tried just peeling back the carpet enough to get to the fuse box and could not get it back far enough to also get that foam brick out so I could access the grounding post. Perhaps I'm just too worried about breaking something? TIA!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,712 Posts
It's tricky but you do just have to pull it back; on the centre console side, you can pull the mat down and out before pulling it back. It's not ideal but yes it's a matter of pulling relatively hard but trying not to pull out any of the plastic trim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts