Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those wondering, here's a look at how eco-friendly (or not) the Polestar 2 is over entire life cycle:

"So just how eco-friendly is the Polestar 2 EV? Well, it leaves the factory with a 26-tonne carbon footprint, which is more than you’d get on a Volvo XC40 with an internal combustion engine – this is mainly due to the energy-intensive battery production process.

Once the vehicle reaches the customer, further damage to the environment becomes negligible, says Polestar, and after driving it for 50,000 km (31,000 miles), it becomes more environmentally-friendly than the internal combustion engine model as far as total greenhouse gases go.

With various car brands using different calculations for Life Cycle Assessments, the Swedish brand is proud to share its entire methodology, and you can read the full analysis for the Polestar 2 by clicking here."

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love the fact that Polestar have done this. I think they have also been Conservative in their assumptions, the equivalent car being a volvo XC40 with 250 bhp not 400. I also think they are likely to use the exhaust emissions data from lab conditions so are likely to be much higher in real life.

·
Registered
15 Posts
And have they taken into their calculation the emissions from building oil rigs etc. that's needed to keep combustion engines running? I'm on wind and water energy so I'm looking forward to passing 5.000km. (y)

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
And this is based on current energy mixes. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. If so, it's more conservative because as time goes on, the orange, yellow, and blue lines above will bend towards the flat, wind-power line.

Reactions: polerad
1 - 4 of 4 Posts