Polestar Forum banner

How good is the wireless phone charger?

9K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  LA EV FAN 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking forward to receiving my P2 soon. Since often I drive long distances on highway, keeping my phone charged is somewhat important to me. How good is the wireless phone charger? For what it's worth, I am an android user (Samsung S20+).

Cheers,
Shapul

#5 ·
There's only one fix for that, and it is somewhat painful. You simply need to do a factory reset of the car (from the infortainment screen), and it will work again (and be permanently ON, since Polestar apparently thinks that's better than having the option to turn it on/off). A factory reset of course means setting the car up again from scratch, but it doesn't take all that long. I was in the exact same situation as you, and this is the only fix, regretfully. Spent maybe 10-20 minutes setting the car up again as I want it.

#13 ·
I'm sporting the DBrand grip case, which is pretty hefty, it keeps the lens of the cameras off the table by a bit more than a paper thickness

it can keep up with the beast that is a Note 20 Ultra, so he must have had it misaligned, which will reduce the charge rate.

#16 ·
Yep, a short cord is handy. My wife and I have Pixel 4a-5G's which don't have wireless charging so I use a very short cord and if she's riding with me she uses a long cord in the other port. But actually the battery lasts so long on these phones that we really don't need to charge typically. However my grandson always puts his iPhone 8 in the charging spot and it seems to work fine for him.

#35 ·
I recently upgraded my phone to a new OnePlus 9 Pro and the wireless charging doesn't work for me. Worse, I can't even leave my phone on the pad while driving like I could with my old (non-wireless-charging) iPhone 7 Plus. The car constantly pops up notifications that the phone is not wireless charging, so it obviously detects that the phone supports it but it seems to be impossible to align it with the coils correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.