Polestar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thread for those issues that really should not exist any more.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought this was solved ...
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive mirror Automotive design

Reactions: Stunto

·
Registered
542 Posts
At my workplace, prefixing a request/demand with "How hard is it..." is a big no-no, because the requester might not understand the complications involved in doing the requestees job. Classic Dunning-Kruger effect. Is it considered acceptable where you're from?

·
Registered
2021 P2, Magnesium/Charcoal, non-pp, 19"
181 Posts
At my workplace, prefixing a request/demand with "How hard is it..." is a big no-no, because the requester might not understand the complications involved in doing the requestees job. Classic Dunning-Kruger effect. Is it considered acceptable where you're from?
The customer is always right, so as a customer I really don't care if it's considered acceptable 😀

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That makes me smile. With quite some professional experience in specifying and validating mission critical (as in people might die if it fails) hardware and software including for electric vehicles, I have some understanding how hard this is. But we are talking here about presenting the same value for one variable in two different places, and several examples of that. To get that right requires a rigorous development and validation process, that is a choice of priorities nothing else.

This has been going on too long, time to ask "How hard is it?".

PS
Fortunately, the mission critical parts of the car work without significant issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bezos didn't become the richest guy in the world with that thought in mind.
He sort of did... you will see him write about being "willing to be misunderstood for a long time", which is him pushing for what he believes is the correct answer rather than what he is being asked for.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
He sort of did... you will see him write about being "willing to be misunderstood for a long time", which is him pushing for what he believes is the correct answer rather than what he is being asked for.
Your right about that. And I'm not suggesting he's not arrogant. But Amazon is one of the best companies when it comes to the customer always being right. Same for Nordstroms. You can return anything at anytime.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Dual Motor, plus & pilot, midnight & towbar
72 Posts
Your right about that. And I'm not suggesting he's not arrogant. But Amazon is one of the best companies when it comes to the customer always being right. Same for Nordstroms. You can return anything at anytime.
Amazon are more than just an on line shop...

Try asking them to modify an AWS service in some way, eg to make it more usable, or to expand the functionality in a way that should be fairly simple. You'll get a polite response, but I doubt it'll be in agreement 😉

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Amazon are more than just an on line shop...

Try asking them to modify an AWS service in some way, eg to make it more usable, or to expand the functionality in a way that should be fairly simple. You'll get a polite response, but I doubt it'll be in agreement 😉
Not to go too off topic, but asking for expanded services is not customer service. We work with AWS, and similar to Amazon Marketplace, these guys will bend over backwards to make sure things are right. If I want something they don't offer, that's an enhancement. Bringing it back to Polestar, if your radio doesn't work, they have an obligation to fix it. But if you are wondering/complaining about anything on this list (Features you wish the PS2 had), that's going to happen on their schedule, not yours.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Dual Motor, plus & pilot, midnight & towbar
72 Posts
Not to go too off topic, but asking for expanded services is not customer service. We work with AWS, and similar to Amazon Marketplace, these guys will bend over backwards to make sure things are right. If I want something they don't offer, that's an enhancement. Bringing it back to Polestar, if your radio doesn't work, they have an obligation to fix it. But if you are wondering/complaining about anything on this list (Features you wish the PS2 had), that's going to happen on their schedule, not yours.
The OP said "issues".... from a customers perspective, that covers a lot of ground, from bugs to functionality expansion with a not insignificant grey bit in the middle, not to mention the many areas that are totally outside of their control (who developed the radio app?).

I'm not sure that Amazon are any different.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
You and I will disagree on the difference between "issues" and "functionality expansion". Were I work we fix issues for free, but charge for functionality expansion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts