Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys we place the order via Lease Plan (actually Plan Cars) 1 week ago today. We received an email confirming the order # on Sunday but as of this morning Polestar ID is saying there is no order associated with the account (account registered in same email address as order # received). How long does it generally take for the order to show up so we can track the status?

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Guys we place the order via Lease Plan (actually Plan Cars) 1 week ago today. We received an email confirming the order # on Sunday but as of this morning Polestar ID is saying there is no order associated with the account (account registered in same email address as order # received). How long does it generally take for the order to show up so we can track the status?
Personally, about 2 months

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's a lease thing - I ordered via Lease Plan & a broker early Nov & have had to speak to Polestar Customer Services - best via web chat - each time for an update. I regularly get emails from the broker asking if I've heard from Polestar:ROFLMAO: - I still don't have access to the order on the Polestar account page.
EDIT - have just found it after reading Dave's note above - (Thanks) so yes just over 2 months for me also.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Direct a day ... maybe 2, 3 if it's at the weekend.

Via Lease Plan ... pick a number between 1 and infinity.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
182 Posts
Really, that's no good, Plan Cars quoted approx. 6 weeks for delivery!
I don't think it will have much (if any) impact on the delivery times. Leaseplan place the order directly with Polestar which gets you in the queue for a car. It's just that PS are then slow to create/link that to a Polestar Account so it can be viewed on the website/app. Your order is with the Broker/Leaseplan rather than Polestar.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it will have much (if any) impact on the delivery times. Leaseplan place the order directly with Polestar which gets you in the queue for a car. It's just that PS are then slow to create/link that to a Polestar Account so it can be viewed on the website/app. Your order is with the Broker/Leaseplan rather than Polestar.
I understand my order is via LeasePlan but as Polestar have emailed us an order number directly, I had hoped they would then open an ID account so I could get some kind of idea of delivery date, as I will need to arrange selling my current car. It sounds like it may be Polestar just being slow. I will contact Customer Service.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just received the below from PS Customer Service which is disappointing:
Thank you for getting in touch with us here at Polestar regarding your lease order.

Tracking of lease orders through the Polestar ID app is not possible unfortunately. Your leasing provider will be notified once your Polestar 2 is in the UK, and you will be contacted directly by the handover team a few weeks prior to the delivery. They will be in touch and offer you a few handover dates to accept.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Even if you could see the order through the website, the information there used to be less than reliable. I'm not sure if they're better now.

Reactions: Joel S.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Even if you could see the order through the website, the information there used to be less than reliable. I'm not sure if they're better now.
Mine shows the wrong space and still asks if I want to order a car under the "cars" tab. Does at least say delivered.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just received the below from PS Customer Service which is disappointing:

Thank you for getting in touch with us here at Polestar regarding your lease order.

Tracking of lease orders through the Polestar ID app is not possible unfortunately. Your leasing provider will be notified once your Polestar 2 is in the UK, and you will be contacted directly by the handover team a few weeks prior to the delivery. They will be in touch and offer you a few handover dates to accept.

I ordered with Leaseplan (for work) in December (17th). They sent the order to PS on Jan 5th, It took about 8 working days for PS to send an order number back to Leaseplan. Once I got hold of that number I talked to PS CS (email) and they added the order number to my already created PS ID account. The PS gave me the same info you got, and if I look at the web, there is nothing there. But looking at the app (iPhone) I can see the order as a picture of my ordered car (correct colour and wheels (and I think interior - but that is hard to see) and accessories). I am now checking it about 5 times a day to see if the VIN is available!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Mine shows the wrong space and still asks if I want to order a car under the "cars" tab. Does at least say delivered.
Obviously the day I post this would be the day the site updates and now shows my car in the "cars" tab.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here in Belgium, I ordered via LeasePlan. I asked Polestar Belgium for information about delivery time and they looked up my name, gave me the order number and associated the order to the Polestar ID I've created myself. Now I see I ordered a Midnight P2 in the Polestar app without delivery date but NOT on the Polestar website ! They said it was strange but it might still appear when the car is produced. Later on, I got the VIN number and the expected delivery date (april 5th) so I know mine is on the list...

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
871 Posts
Here in Belgium, I ordered via LeasePlan. I asked Polestar Belgium for information about delivery time and they looked up my name, gave me the order number and associated the order to the Polestar ID I've created myself. Now I see I ordered a Midnight P2 in the Polestar app without delivery date but NOT on the Polestar website ! They said it was strange but it might still appear when the car is produced. Later on, I got the VIN number and the expected delivery date (april 5th) so I know mine is on the list...
They're having some interesting issues, I think there is an interesting bug in their backend mixing up accounts, my case has been escalated to IT weeks ago and it's still not resolved.

Here's my similarly weird case:

I used a personal email to create a Polestar account for the test drive, and the lease company used my business email for the order, so I ended up having to make another Polestar account with the business email to track the order and accept the delivery dates.

So far so good, I could login to both Polestar accounts via either the app or website and each had a different polestar-id. Personal had the test drive, business had the order.

When the car was delivered, I logged in via the personal polestar account on the infotainment as the business one wouldn't work (probably because it was Gsuite), this is where things got weird.

After that point, while on the website I could still login to both personal and business and get their correct polestar ids, on the phone, regardless of which one I used, I'd always get the polestar id of the personal one!

I thought oh well, I'll just delete the personal one, the car was ordered via the business one anyway. I could now login only with the business one from both app and website, but on the app I was still getting the polestar id of the account I just deleted!

Neither had my car.

I engaged CS because the app basically prompts you to contact them if you don't see your car there, and you can't order anything until you have a car listed, I hope this is either resolved on time or doesn't affect the polestar app functionality when it's released in spring.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So we have received an email from PS stating the car is in the country. After much back and forth between myself, PS CS & the leasing company they have put the car on the Portal. I assume when the email states the car is in the country it is incorrect, as the estimated delivery date on the Portal is March?

The VIN ends 0207**. I want to check this sounds correct for a new car and they aren't trying to give me someone's previously rejected car?

·
Registered
142 Posts
So we have received an email from PS stating the car is in the country. After much back and forth between myself, PS CS & the leasing company they have put the car on the Portal. I assume when the email states the car is in the country it is incorrect, as the estimated delivery date on the Portal is March?

The VIN ends 0207**. I want to check this sounds correct for a new car and they aren't trying to give me someone's previously rejected car?
Mine is finally showing when I log on to the Polestar Portal.

It's due March and the VIN ends: 0210**

·
Registered
262 Posts

Certainly will not be a rejected car as that Vin was probably made Mid December and not sure an early 20xxx Vin's has actually been delivered yet although first deliveries of them imminent. With yours being 700 North of 20xxx you have no worries about it being a reject.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Certainly will not be a rejected car as that Vin was probably made Mid December and not sure an early 20xxx Vin's has actually been delivered yet although first deliveries of them imminent. With yours being 700 North of 20xxx you have no worries about it being a reject.
Excellent, thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts