Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have my Polestar yet, but the process is in the works. I believe I will be the first owner to park at KSC surrounded by Tesla's and SpaceX vehicles. They'll all be jealous!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome to the just-christened "POoF" (Polestar Owners of Florida) Group! There aren't many of us, but we're a proud bunch (with you, that might make 3 or 4). I live down near Fort Lauderdale and have not seen another Polestar on the roads yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the just-christened "POoF" (Polestar Owners of Florida) Group! There aren't many of us, but we're a proud bunch (with you, that might make 3 or 4). I live down near Fort Lauderdale and have not seen another Polestar on the roads yet.
Depending on how quickly I can get out of our Volvo XC60 lease, we anticipate getting a Polestar 2 soon. I’ve only seen one here In Fort Lauderdale, driving into Sunrise Key. Was a bit nervous about what happens if there are any issues with the car before the local dealership opens, but Polestar Princeton have done a good job of reassuring me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depending on how quickly I can get out of our Volvo XC60 lease, we anticipate getting a Polestar 2 soon. I’ve only seen one here In Fort Lauderdale, driving into Sunrise Key. Was a bit nervous about what happens if there are any issues with the car before the local dealership opens, but Polestar Princeton have done a good job of reassuring me.
Other people in the forum have taken their Polestars to their local Volvo dealers for issues. Even when Miami opens, I'm in Central Florida, I will try Volvo first.

·
Registered
372 Posts
BTW and FWIW, my car has been relatively perfect but has needed a post-delivery alignment and a bumper replacement (I didn't like the goth-inspired license plate holes that Polestar Manhattan drilled to the direct opposite of my instructions).

Polestar corporate has done everything in their power to ensure that both the car and I were taken care of. In fact, I credit the Head of Polestar North America personally for enabling my purchase by arranging a long-weekend test drive despite the closest Space being about 1000 miles away.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW and FWIW, my car has been relatively perfect but has needed a post-delivery alignment and a bumper replacement (I didn't like the goth-inspired license plate holes that Polestar Manhattan drilled to the direct opposite of my instructions).

Polestar corporate has done everything in their power to ensure that both the car and I were taken care of. In fact, I credit the Head of Polestar North America personally for enabling my purchase by arranging a long-weekend test drive despite the closest Space being about 1000 miles away.
I saw your post about the front plate and immediately emailed Polestar Manhattan! Thanks for the tip ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I saw your post about the front plate and immediately emailed Polestar Manhattan! Thanks for the tip ;)
Best of luck! I confirmed via voice, text and email that I didn't want the front bumper drilled and it showed up that way anyway. I could have refused delivery but I wanted my new car more than I cared about the post-delivery remediation. I can only image the thousands of dollars that Polestar Corporate is paying overall to fix those two inappropriately-drilled holes, but they're doing it without complaint. BTW, mine was not the only one to have this exact issue from there, too.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yep - I think at this point I may just ask for some midnight touch-up paint for the bolts I put in the holes. You can hardly see it now with the black bolts I had in my "bolt drawer".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can any of you in South Florida tell me whether you had to tint your sunroof to keep out the heat? I did it in my Tesla 3 and sometimes regret it, but keep telling myself that the car would get uncomfortably hot without it. The Tesla A/C cools down really fast, I’m assuming the Polestar takes a bit longer (based on our Volvo...which has a sunshade. Thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
Can any of you in South Florida tell me whether you had to tint your sunroof to keep out the heat? I did it in my Tesla 3 and sometimes regret it, but keep telling myself that the car would get uncomfortably hot without it. The Tesla A/C cools down really fast, I’m assuming the Polestar takes a bit longer (based on our Volvo...which has a sunshade
I don't feel any noticeable heat through the sunroof in the P2 - it is already darkened quite a bit and seems to be treated to block sun/heat.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,588 Posts
I’d definitely consider tinting the side windows. I’m going back and forth on this for the Bay Area where we don’t have as bad heat. There is really negligible heat coming through the roof; it all/mostly seems to come from the sides

·
Registered
372 Posts
I’ve tinted the sides and back but haven’t done anything to the roof and it seems ok so far.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I’d definitely consider tinting the side windows. I’m going back and forth on this for the Bay Area where we don’t have as bad heat. There is really negligible heat coming through the roof; it all/mostly seems to come from the sides
Agreed - the first things I treated my car to was full front PPF, ceramic coating, and tint on the front and side windows. Roof and rear window are already in good shape. Definitely helps.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,878 Posts
No offence, it's just poof must have a very different meaning in the UK than the US.
Nope, it has a similar meaning, as @gadgeTT and his husband will attest! :)

(and if in some way I've got this heinously wrong just let me know and I'll delete the post! But you have mentioned your husband in previous posts and your tone above implied it was fine...)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts